• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

Spelling

On 5/19/2021 at 10:26 PM, J_Ozzy said:

If cost is no object, come by Montreal once the province opens up again; there's a world-class cocktail bar here (The Cloakroom) with most of the Buffalo Trace antique collection and Van Winkle ranges (minus the ryes) along with a few even rarer bottles, though they are all priced at aftermarket valuations.

Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Barrel Proof, which had limited releases in Ontario and Quebec last year (and is pretty widely available south of the border), is really quite something; I'm not generally a JD fan, but this bottle won me over.

JD single barreled bourbon and rye are excellent products.   Even if you are not a JD fan those two products score very well.   I’m not a basic JD fan but those single barreled selections which are a higher proof are very good 

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

4 hours ago, J_Ozzy said:

If cost is no object, come by Montreal once the province opens up again; there's a world-class cocktail bar here (The Cloakroom) with most of the Buffalo Trace antique collection and Van Winkle ranges (minus the ryes) along with a few even rarer bottles, though they are all priced at aftermarket valuations.

Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Barrel Proof, which had limited releases in Ontario and Quebec last year (and is pretty widely available south of the border), is really quite something; I'm not generally a JD fan, but this bottle won me over.

JD single barred bourbon and rye are excellent products.   Even if you are not a JD fan those two products score very well.   I’m not a basic JD fan but those single barreled selections which are a higher proof are very good 

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

4 hours ago, J_Ozzy said:

JD single barred bourbon and rye is an excellent product.   Even if you are not a JD fan those two products score very well.   I’m not a basic JD fan but those single barreled selections which are a higher proof are very good