• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

POP BURGER

eatingwitheddie

• 1 year later...

Had a short visit at Pop Burger yesterday, and it indeed is quite interesting. For those under the impression that they are pseudo-White Castles, that couldn't be further from the truth. As Eddie said, they indeed are char-grilled, on superior rolls, with very good quality fixins.

Mine were a TINY bit dry, but I was there a bit early and so they may not have been in the swing of things. They were good enough that I've resolved to return if I'm in that neighborhood again.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Had a short visit at Pop Burger yesterday, and it indeed is quite interesting.  For those under the impression that they are pseudo-White Castles, that couldn't be further from the truth.  As Eddie said, they indeed are char-grilled, on superior rolls, with very good quality fixins.

Mine were a TINY bit dry, but I was there a bit early and so they may not have been in the swing of things.  They were good enough that I've resolved to return if I'm in that neighborhood again.

i hit it at two in the morning on Friday.. they were crowded, as was the lunge behind it.. while they were cooking burgers like madmen behind the counter, the two that i was given were dry and cooked well throughout..

i've eaten there before and found it to be much better.. the timing might have had something to do with it..

• 11 months later...

Stopped in Pop Burger tonight.. The place was doing some good business.. In the back they have waiter service and a bar area that was crowded.. We sat up front and ordered from the counter.. For 5 dollars I ordered two mini burgers.. The burger had a lot of black pepper in it. I really enjoyed this.. However, tonight it was over cooked.. Loved the bun, love that I can get a beer, the fries are really good. Dont like the affected guy taking my order..

Burger, fries, a beer and a coke.. 17 bucks.. A little pricey.. But if you order just the burgers they average 2.5 each..

gallery_15057_2971_86270.jpg

gallery_15057_2971_39979.jpg

love pop burger in the late night when under the influence, not sure about during regular hours. had dinner there once and it wasn't quite as good as i remember it to be when inebriated. same goes for kenka on st. marks, delicious when drunk, so-so when sober.

ginac0lada

Stopped in Pop Burger tonight.. The place was doing some good business.. In the back they have waiter service and a bar area that was crowded.. We sat up front and ordered from the counter.. For 5 dollars I ordered two mini burgers.. The burger had a lot of black pepper in it. I really enjoyed this.. However, tonight it was over cooked.. Loved the bun, love that I can get a beer, the fries are really good.  Dont like the affected guy taking my order..

Burger, fries, a beer and a coke.. 17 bucks.. A little pricey.. But if you order just the burgers they average 2.5 each..

gallery_15057_2971_86270.jpg

gallery_15057_2971_39979.jpg

The burger looks mouth-watering. I can really use one now!

Leave the gun, take the canoli