• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Liborio (NOLA, Business District)

Jason Perlow

Liborio's Cuban Restaurant

321 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70130

Phone: (504) 581-9680

i1231.jpg

Restaurant interior. Notice how they covered the exposed pipes in the ceiling with fabric. The draping billowed in the breeze from the ceiling fans.

i1232.jpg

Mojito (Jason)

i1233.jpg

Cuban Tamal made with Corn and Pork

i1234.jpg

Chicken Soup (Rachel)

i1235.jpg

Empanada de Pollo (Chicken, Onion, Garlic and Parsley filled Pie)

i1239.jpg

Empanada de Camarones -- Shrimp, etc. The chicken version was so good we had to order the other varieties.

i1240.jpg

Empanada de Carne -- Beef, etc.

i1236.jpg

Bistec Relleno de Langosto -- Lobster Stuffed Steak - "Flank Steak breaded adn stuffed in the center with lobster meat. Stewed in a tomato, onion and green pepper gravy." (Jason)

i1237.jpg

Ropa Vieja -- shredded stewed beef brisket (Rachel)

i1238.jpg

Maduros -- Sweet fried plantains

i1241.jpg

Tres Leches Cake

Edited by Rachel Perlow (log)

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I want a piece of Tres Leches now. love that cake.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

loved the pic of the plantains. were they sweet or savory or both??

the maduros are sweet and soft. The tostones (not shown) are savory and firm.

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

This was one of our favorite places during the entire trip. If you somehow get sick of eating Creole food and you're looking for a nice change, this is a great place to go. They make a great mojito, their soup is excellent and their empanadas are AMAZING. You could easily make a meal of a few empanadas and a soup here. This is an authentic cuban restaurant that would be comfortable in Miami or in NYC.