• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dunbar's (NOLA)

Jason Perlow

Dunbar's Creole Cooking Inc

4927 Freret St, New Orleans, LA 70115

Phone: (504) 899-0734

Click here for Dunbar's website.

i1162.jpg

JoAnn and Rachel confer over the menu

i1163.jpg

i1164.jpg

Fried Chicken lunch plate with black eyed peas and rice

i1165.jpg

Cornbread

Edited by Rachel Perlow (log)

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

There's no doubt that Jacques-imos has the best Fried Chicken in New Orleans because it is cooked to order and has the most amazing fry chef in the entire country cooking it. However, at $14 a plate, its also the most EXPENSIVE fried chicken in New Orleans. So if you want Fried Chicken that is both good and not expensive, Dunbar's is the place to be. Its a real soul food restaurant that real people eat at, and you'll be supporting a family business.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host