• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hooray For Katie !

Holly Moore

Cool deal, Katie. My, my how far we've come from the circumstances that brought you here, eh? :biggrin:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Well aw shucks and golly, y'all. I'm flattered by the attention :blush:

I can't speak for everyone, but certainly if I have any say then alcohol consumption will definitely go up - at least in my immediate presence! :biggrin:

Jaymes - thanks for reminding me. Indeed the circumstances are quite different now than they were when I was a lonely refugee here at eGullet. And after being uncermoniously banned from Chowhound and being called a Trojan Shill to boot! I think I definitely have the last laugh, don't you? :laugh:

Thanks for the kudos and congrats everyone :wub: . I hope to inspire and instigate as best I can!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Katie,

You're my Phavorite Philadelphia Phemale!  :raz:

Now how about posting that hat-wearing avatar?

Fresser

As soon as the avatars are working again, I promise I'll post my hat wearing pic. For now I'll go by this:

bek013.gif

P.S. Do I get a kissy-face smiley like Tommy did?

Of course, dearest Fress. You get your very own kissy face...

243.gif

:raz:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

You go girlie girl!!! To think that I attend dinners with the new co-hostess with the mostess sends shivers down my back! The Holly-Katie duo is quite a formidable team, we are lucky here on the Pa. board! Congrats :biggrin:

"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."

You go girlie girl!!! To think that I attend dinners with the new co-hostess with the mostess sends shivers down my back! The Holly-Katie duo is quite a formidable team, we are lucky here on the Pa. board! Congrats  :biggrin:

457.gif

Hi David!

Why thank you!! I would be much happier if I got to see you though! It's been far too long. You and the Mrs. were missed at Turkish dinner this week :sad:

Why don't you fetch up a babysitter and bring that lovely wife of yours down to visit me at the Bass? Soon - whilst I still have management privileges :biggrin: ! I'll take you on a tour of the by-the-glass wines. There's a few new ones I think you'll love including a Spanish rueda and a gorgeous new Cotes de Provence Rose.

Call me and let me know when to expect you... :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

Way to go Katie. I know we'll be having even more fun around here.

Now for a funny (and sad) story.

Earlier this week WSJ listed another board among 5 cheesesteak info sites. Somebody posted (on that board) his surprise that HollyEats wasn't on the list. (Obviously, WSJ's usually fine research team blew it.) That post disappeared rapidly.

Charlie, the Main Line Mummer

We must eat; we should eat well.

Congratulations, Aphrodite of Alcohol!

God help me, I think I like this one better than High Priestess of Hooch! :laugh:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!