• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

White Plains Lunch?

LJC

I am not very familiar with Westchester and I will be spending some time in White Plains over the next few months. Where should I have lunch? So far I have found a (flick) cafeteria in the office complex that is poor and a great little Columbian bakery. What else is up here? Please help.

I second City Limits Diner. Its a great place. Its an "upscale diner." It sort of has the spirit of a diner but the dishes are all very creative and ingredients of the highest quality. They also make there own artisanal breads and good pastries.

Mike

The Dairy Show

Special Edition 3-In The Kitchen at Momofuku Milk Bar

I would avoid the one in the mall, especially this time of year. There is also decent Indian at Bengal Tiger - I think on E. Post Road - not sure if they can do lunch, though.

I also seem to remember a wrap place that had just opened up on Mamaroneck Ave. in downtown White Plains before I moved - not sure if it was good, but I remember they boasted a lot of fresh and interesting ingredients.

There is more than cafeteria or diner fare in White Plains. I just had a great cuban sandwich at a nameless cuban cafe in downtown white plains. There was no name on the sign and I forgot to take a card but next time I will report the name and address. As well across the street was a Columbian Bakery that I will have to check out too. I hope they make pan de queso.

There is more than cafeteria or diner fare in White Plains. I just had a great cuban sandwich at a nameless cuban cafe in downtown white plains. There was no name on the sign and I forgot to take a card but next time I will report the name and address. As well across the street was a Columbian Bakery that I will have to check out too. I hope they make pan de queso.

probably Latin American Cafe at 134 East Post Road

Mike

The Dairy Show

Special Edition 3-In The Kitchen at Momofuku Milk Bar

• 1 year later...

Like sushi? Season's Japanese Bistro in White Plains on Mamaroneck Ave. is one of the most outstanding sushi bars I've ever tried, bar none. I haven't even found a place in Manhattan that has topped it yet. Also, I just tried Meson los Espangolas (forgive the poor spelling) and it was extremely good. Service was very attentive, and the food was flavorful.

-James Kessler

one of the most outstanding sushi bars I've ever tried, bar none. I  haven't even found a place in Manhattan that has topped it yet. 

Where have you gone in NYC? And have you tried Wasabi in Nyack?

Liz Johnson

Professional:

Food Editor, The Journal News and LoHud.com

Westchester, Rockland and Putnam: The Lower Hudson Valley.

Small Bites, a LoHud culinary blog

Personal:

Sour Cherry Farm.