• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Girl Scout Cookies

B Edulis

Add me to the frozen thin mints camp. I always hide a few in the freezer back behind that ground beef I'm probably never going to cook, and finding them on the first hot day of the year always makes me smile.

"An appetite for destruction, but I scrape the plate."

• 1 year later...

It's that time of year again... and as usual I'm a complete sucker for the things. I went with a peanut butter theme this year, picking up a box of Tagalongs and a box of Do-si-dos. Neither ever manages to be as good as I remember them being, but that's probably just a bad memory! Which varieties did you all grab this year?

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

It's not fair.

My mom in San Diego has already ordered hers. A coworker said her sister in Oklahoma has hers.

But they're not on sale here until next month. :sad::angry:

I hear they're doing something different this year in that you get your cookies when you order them...no waiting. If true, that's quite an improvement in satifying that Girl Scout Cookie jones! :laugh:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I'm ready to stock up on Thin Mints. :wub: :wub: However, my source for GS cookies stopped selling them so I have to wait for the girls to set up shop outside of the supermarket. :sad:

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

You guys are lucky! I just put my order in last week-ish, and now I must wait. My favorite are the Trefoils, Do-si-dos, and whatever lemon dealy they're putting out. I thought I liked the chocolaty ones (Thin Mints, Tag-a-longs, Samoas) but they always sit in the pantry for a year. I don't even remember what I got, besides my usual three boxes of Trefoils.

They had a good one a few years ago, that was like a spice cookie, or something. I wish they'd have those again. The dulce de leche special ones were damn good last year, I think those were the first to get ate. As in, those were gone in the car, before I got home from work.

We never see any Girl Scouts roaming loose, not at stores, or in the neighborhood. I get all my cookies from their parents. I never even contact an actual GS. It's all handled by their agents.

• 2 weeks later...