• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your favorite cereals are back

Jason Perlow

My all time fave childhood cereal never seems to have resurfaced...

Does anyone else remember Rice Krinkles? They were kinda like very small Special K but presweetened (natch...)

Their icon was a little oriental boy...

King Vitaman, Freakies, Kaboom!, Super Sugar Crisp, Puffa Puffa Rice. Gone but not forgotten. What am I missing, here, folks?

We used to call Capt. Crunch Captain Shrapnel, on account of how it shredded the top of your mouth if you had more than one bowl. And if you are eating it because you have the munchies, one bowl is never enough.

King Vitaman, Freakies, Kaboom!, Super Sugar Crisp, Puffa Puffa Rice. Gone but not forgotten. What am I missing, here, folks?

I thought I was the only one who remembered freakies. My father used to do the commercials. Kaboom too. Kix too.

elyse... When you say "do" the commercials, do you mean produce? film? be the Mikey? What? That is fascinating.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

Hey Elyse!

"We are the Freakies, we are the Freakies,

and this is our Freakies tree.

We never miss a meal,

cuz we love our cereal...

I can'r remember the rest, but it is absolutely criminal that I remember any of it. I need the room.

You are insane. :biggrin:

How on earth do you remember that? There was one line I remember that my father did. He was Grimble (I think) and said at one point durring the song - "You're stepping on my fooooot." Grimble was a purple guy. He was also someone else, but I don';t remember who. He NEVER remembers this sort of stuff.

I can't believe you wrote this days ago and I didn't see it!

You can get Kaboom and King Vitamin cereals through hometownfavorites.com

Just did a search for "Kaboom" and "Kaboom Cereal" and no products came up. Was going to order a box as a "gag" (literal??) X-mas gift for sis who loved it as a kid. :sad:

Shit, man. Golden Grahams are still the best. In fact, I was at a baby shower recently where somebody brought a legitimate hors d'oeuvre that was flat-out based on Golden Grahams, coated in some kind of super-sweet molten-marshmallow-style glaze.

Edited by bleachboy (log)

Don Moore

Nashville, TN

Peace on Earth

"We are the Freakies, we are the Freakies,

and this is our Freakies tree.

We never miss a meal,

cuz we love our cereal...

This was linked on fark.com just today. I'm assuming that's what brought about this thread.

p.s. link to vintage cereal database

Edited by bleachboy (log)

Don Moore

Nashville, TN

Peace on Earth