• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

online homebrewing sources?

iain

I haven't brewed beer in a few years. In the past, I've purchased supplies online from northernbrewer.com. Before that, I used to buy from a local homebrew supply shop in NYC, that has since closed. Does anyone have know of other online sources that sell high-quality ingredients?

I have had good experiences ordering ingredients and kegging equipment from Midwest Supplies. They seem to know as much about brewing as your local expert/brewshop owner might. They also have free instructional videos that they send with your order and a pretty large catalog.

Midwest Supplies

I usually like to patronize my local homebrew store since the owner is so cool and is always interesting to hang out with and talk brewing. Sorry that your local shop closed.