• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

hard coffee drinks

guajolote

Ooooh yes. I like Frangelico, or Amaretto. hmmm - do you sense a nut theme?

and a couple of squares of Green & Black's Maya Gold chocolate goes very well alongside (dark chocolate with orange, cinammon and nutmeg).

Fi Kirkpatrick

tofu fi fie pho fum

"Your avatar shoes look like Marge Simpson's hair." - therese

:wub:

I've got oodles of coffee drinks. I really love them. I think most often I'll add Tia or Kahlua, Bailey's and Frangelico.

I love Tuaca too.

Depends on mood. Sometimes I enjoy something a bit more spicy and go with a Calypso Coffee (Captain, Kahlua and coffee).

edited to add: Hot tea too!!! I love adding Grandma and Amaretto. Dreamy.

Edited by beans (log)

Oh boy, I love coffee drinks. When you live this far north you have to keep warm and they are great for that.

I love a lot of the ones already mentioned, especially Irish Whiskey with real whip cream, but also just adore coffee with Sambuca. I'm not usually an anise/licorice fan, but wow, there is something about that combination that sends me.

What's wrong with peanut butter and mustard? What else is a guy supposed to do when we are out of jelly?

-Dad

If I was still unwise enough to drink alcohol (there's a good reason why I'm a hard core espresso and coffee drinker :cool: ) ..... I'd either be adding Tia Maria to my black coffee or better yet, drinking B&B from a snifter with black coffee on the side in between sips.

Definitely frangelico or grappa.

But, they are even better in coffee ice cream in the blazing Nebraska and Texas summers that I continually find myself in!

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

Akvavit - preferably Aalborg.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

My brother's "Special Coffee, " prepared the minute he enters a holiday, or weekend or weekday kitchen, no matter the time of day. :blink:

Coffee, big slug scotch, small slug Sambuca, whipped cream from a can. It's actually pretty good.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

I'm a big fan of bourbon or Irish whisky in my coffee.

On a related note (it will be eventually), my aunt and now my mother-in-law like to have their coffee "fluffed." Aunt Kristie picked up one of those milk frothers so you can whip up your milk or cream for your coffee. Well, when my wife and I visited Kristie up in Canada she was showing off her "fluffer" and of course we giggled like little school girls at the other connotation. Since my wife likes milk/cream in her coffee, she would take the fluffed milk. I took the joke even farther and said "no, I would not like my coffee fluffed, however I would like some Man fluff in mine." "What?" "Irish whisky please!"

edit: Aunt Kristie now knows the alternate meaning of fluffer.

Edited by col klink (log)