• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: Donnhoff Norheimer Dellchen Kab 02

Carema

Pomegranate, quartz and enough bracing acidity to make the sleepiest eyes pop open in alarm. A stunning and unrivaled offering from Nahe. It is a baby I decanted a quarter of the bottle, will leave the rest until Thursday.

over it

Just when you thought you were beginning to understand riesling, you taste stuff like this from the Nahe. Try Donnhoff's spatlese from the Oberhauser Brucke vineyard ( probably his best site ) Like licking wet diamonds. Will age for 30 + years I suspect.

Also check out Schafer Frohlich wines from the Nahe.

wine is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
Ted Cizma

www.cheftedcizma.com

Scary stuff isn't it?!

The Dellchen is the second best kabinett in '02 in my opinion. The Oberhauser Leistenberg is livelier.

And as for summits of the vintage, the Niederhauser Hermannshohle Spatlese is right up there. The Schlossbockelheimer Kupfergrube Spatlese is amazing as well, but Helmut Donnhoff thinks the vines are still a bit young.

Donnhoff makes astounding wines. Hexamer is another rising star in the Nahe. I agree with the Schaefer-Frolich comment. Visiting there was a rgeat opportunity to sample a wide range from an up and coming vintner.