• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

fish tacos?

jayhay

hey if you get the chance to head to Tofino, right now SOBOs, is unbelievable for their fish tacos or "killer fish tacos" as she calls them. I know it is a long drive for fish tacos, but hey, with good food, a walk along Long Beach is about as good as it gets. As a side, SOBO's just got named one of the 10 best new restaurants in Canada by Enroute magazine of Air Canada - and to think SOBO is just a giant purple catering truck - haha!

Until next time....

Tofino

I can "second" Tofino's recommendation of SOBO. The "killer" fish tacos were great last year at the Long Beach Lodge Resort and just as good at the new location despite the absence of the waves crashing into Cox Bay.

Sorry we missed you Chris [you were in Vancouver at a meeting] but one of the gals at the front desk showed us around the beachside extension....one day if I win the lotto we'll rent that upstairs/downstairs dog friendly suite :rolleyes:

I've had the misfortune to eat in Tacos Del Mar-an experience I hope never to repeat.

I've travelled extensively in Mexico these past 2 decades and resided in different parts of the country for varying amounts of time-plus I'm an experienced Sport fisherman.

Tacos Del Mar is the worst representation of fish Tacos I have ever encountered-fit only for the drunk and insensible.

I suggest that your guest be introduced to the pleasures of West Coast cuisine and leave Latina America behind.

So many fabulous options here-the the three Guu's http://www.vaneats.com/2003/09/26 , Octopus Garden http://www.van-info.com/octopus/english.html , East is East on W. Broadway the list goes on and on.