• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lacroix at Rittenhouse

Pugman

I'm going to Philly in a few weeks. Besides getting my "Morimoto Fix" we're supposed to go to Lacroix. Any thoughts or suggestions from those who have dined at Lacroix? As a hopeless restaurant geek living in Chicago, my standards for fine dining are very high. Will I be thrilled, merely satisfied, or disappointed with Lacroix? THANKS

if you have not visited the moshulu restaurant thats the one place to great food, we were there last night and man the food was amazing, whoever the chef is he has hit the mark i mean we have dined other places all over the world and this guy hits the mark try the seared foie gras on caramelized granny smith apple and quince tart with calvados gastrique, it is awesome and compared to other foie gras i tried around town this was by far the best also salt restaurant is awesome except the chef can be out there but some items hit the mark happy eating

My dinner at the Moshulu was not nearly as good as yours, despite the presence of maitre'd Nick Bongiorno, who can often elevate the dining experience of where he works.

With regard to Lacroix, I'm wondering at what restaurant John Mariani ate, when he named Lacroix "Restaurant of the Year" last month in Esquire. My meal there was just OK, nothing spectacular, really, which for me, was a disappointment.

Edited by Rich Pawlak (log)

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

yea, this may be the exception. i met with the owner, got a look at the menu, and checked out the facilities.

this is the first restaurant on a ship/shore that i've seen that might actually be worth taking seriously as a dining establishment.

not saying definitively since i haven't eaten there myself, but it's at least plausible that it might be pretty good, which is far more than any other restaurant on a boat/with a view of the water that i can think of.

i'd actually consider eating there if i could afford it.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.