• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thanksgiving near Bridgeport CT

emiller444

I don't know if you will find anything that is opened for thanksgiving dinner in BPT except for the holiday in Downtown, or perhaps Roberto's restaurant also Downtown BPT. You may want to try Westport, area which is about 15 minutes away from BPT going south bound, or Milford area which is 15 minutes northbound from BPT. Good luck! If you decide on Westport, try the Red Barn off of exit 42 on the Merritt parkway. Or the Three Bears for a more traditional "Yankee" thanksgiving, which is also off of the same exit going the opposite way on ct 136.

Not sure if it will be open but Ralph 'N Riches is very good spot. Not sure how "Yankee" it will be since it primarily serves Italian/Continental fair. Very very good food and very often forgotten because of its Bridgeport location. A lot of business men go there during the week and pre- and post-Blue Fish/Harbor Yard/Arena Theater and Concert-goers. Can't really go wrong here.

I agree that both the Red Barn and Three Bears are a great suggestion for something more traditional. (I always think of Three Bears as a "blue-hair" joint, but I think that is only because my mother always had her bowling banquets there! HA HA)

Not sure if it will be open but Ralph 'N Riches is very good spot. Not sure how "Yankee" it will be since it primarily serves Italian/Continental fair. Very very good food and very often forgotten because of its Bridgeport location. A lot of business men go there during the week and pre- and post-Blue Fish/Harbor Yard/Arena Theater and Concert-goers. Can't really go wrong here.

I agree that both the Red Barn and Three Bears are a great suggestion for something more traditional. (I always think of Three Bears as a "blue-hair" joint, but I think that is only because my mother always had her bowling banquets there! HA HA)

A blue hair joint! That is a good one, same goes for the Spinning wheel inn, I haven't been there in a dogs age, but I think that is in Redding? Might be worth a shot to check it out as well.