• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trip to London Indian restaurants

prasad2

I've heard good things about Mint Leaf in Suffolk Place. The kitchen is run by an ex-Cinnamon Club chef. It opened this past July.

Hmmm: Never heard Mint Leaf! I thought ex-Cinnamon Club chef is in Tamarind in NYC. I will check the website if they have one and I shall also make it a point to stop by.

Thanks RKS

remember one restaurant in southall. I know the food is good and real straight food with limited choices. I also remember you could order entrees like Karai and balti and dum pukht for groups of four, six, eight or more. So you end up with one dish but with many assorted rotis. I am going solo, so let me see what I can do but will definetely try to get to one of the pubs in southhall. AS far as rupees, I have to dig my moms purse. 

Monty's on Ealing Broadway.. how far is it from Chelsea...

Prasad2

Chelsea is like 30 mins tube ride from Ealing Broadway, Montys is just round the corner from there.

Edited by M65 (log)

"Burgundy makes you think of silly things, Bordeaux

makes you talk about them, and Champagne makes you do them." Brillat-Savarin

What I really like to do is to spend a day or two in a couple of restaurant kitchens and I shall reciprocate in a similar way if any one is interested in my kitchen.

May be as a guest chef? May be just to watch the kitchen in action? or may be even to chop some tomatoes or onions.

Thanks a million and looking forward for the culinary trip and your help with connections and influence with some of the fine restaurants in UK.

Time approaching near, I am surprised there is no response from restaurateurs of London. I guess I will have to start emailing direct to the restaurants now.

How many Indian restaurants in London are there totally?

The last count I knew was a total of 8500 Indian restaurants in UK.

Prasad,

The next time you plan your sojourns, perhaps we can all go as a group to London and eat 'family style'.

That way we can try more dishes/items than one individual can.

bhasin

I spent a week in london in 89 thats when I tried the CTM at Marks it was good and so were some of their other Indian offerings.

Bhasin

Bombay Curry Company

3110 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22305. 703. 836-6363

Delhi Club

Arlington, Virginia

Prasad,

The next time you plan your sojourns, perhaps we can all go as a group to London and eat 'family style'.

bhasin

Bhasin

Bhasin:

It ain't too late, it's thanksgiving week, it should be a slow week of business in US. Plus the airlines have huge sale going on. So let's do family style ordering.

Prasad,

bhasin

Bhasin

Bhasin:

It ain't too late, it's thanksgiving week, it should be a slow week of business in US. Plus the airlines have huge sale going on. So let's do family style ordering.

It's normally 14 day advance booking - I'll be game if it is after 1st Jan (I've made all my mileage runs and achieved my targets for '03 miles :smile: ) Anyway you'll should bookmark this link

and visit it often to get great info air travel :biggrin:

anil

Prasad,

bhasin

Bhasin

Bhasin:

It's normally 14 day advance booking - I'll be game if it is after 1st Jan (I've made all my mileage runs and achieved my targets for '03 miles :smile: ) Anyway you'll should bookmark this link

and visit it often to get great info air travel :biggrin:

Anil: Thanks for the link. If time permits we shall plan ahead and do it to London.

BTW I am pleased that I will be spending some time with Cinnamon Club and I am still waiting to hear if any one else will come forward.