• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best prices on pro-style appliances?

Hi all:

Mr. Scorched and I are moving into our new house (two blocks from Harvest Vine :biggrin: ) in January, and we're finally ready to have a 'real' stove again. Can anyone suggest a local source for a good price on Viking ranges?

We'll be buying other appliances, too, but these seem to be easier to price-shop online.

Thanks!

~Anita

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

I think the main local vendor of Viking is Albert Lee Appliance, near the Ballard Bridge. Furthermore, I don't think you'll find a big range of prices on new Viking equipment. Used might be another story, though, so check the used sections at Dick's and Seattle Restaurant Store.

Matthew Amster-Burton, aka "mamster"

Author, Hungry Monkey, coming in May

Huh, that's interesting. When we bought our last Viking in California, there was a variance of 15% among the local stores.

I found what looks to be a good price at Appliance Gourmet. They have a showroom in Issaquah. I'll see how Albert Lee compares.

Thanks,

~Anita

Edited by ScorchedPalate (log)

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

Check out Direct Buying Service in SoDo. We've purchased several major appliances from them and they've been great to deal with and are very competitive. They can get any brand you're interested in. You should look at Wolf, they are superior when compared to Viking - imho.

Direct Buying Service Discount House

1749 1st Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134

(206) 623-8811

Edited by BaconFat (log)

How much is the membership fee to join Direct Buying Service?

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.