• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fells Point Dining ?

ChefHDAN

He ya'll.. I know I'm not exactly up to date on all that's happening here. Life happens, and 10 years ago the best thing to ever happen in my life happened. Finally have a sitter to take care of the kids & I've gotten a nice place on Fell's Point in Balt to celebrate at but I'm without a clue as to where to go for a dinner worthy of the cause. I mean I really can't remember the last time my wife & I got to actually enjoy a NICE dinner. So help out a johnnie come lately if you can & throw me some places that I can hopefully get into for next friday night. MANY thanx to all who can help !!!

I've been to the Black Olive several times and it is very good not great. (Drive 5 minutes to Charleston if you want great) Owned by relatives of the owner of the great Milos in NYC and Montreal, and similar but on a much smaller scale. The wine list is handled by the owner's son - nice guy and has no problem with BYOB.

I've been to The Black Olive twice, and would agree that it's very good, but not great. You walk over and choose your own fish out of the cabinet. The seafood is fresh and sometimes interesting (sea bream, for example), but it's also fairly expensive for a simple preparation. It's an enjoyable dining experience, and I'd go again if I was in the area, but wouldn't make a special trip to do so.