• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite kitchenware store in Toronto?

chococrazy

I do tend to do a lot of my kitchen shopping at William Sonoma. There's a great kitchen store in Oakville called To Set a Table. I also order a lot of stuff from Golda's Kitchen, an online Canadian kitchen store.

I also like William Sonoma. In fact I ask for gift certificates from my family on gift giving occasions from this store.

Thanks for the other suggestions too. I will be making a visit to all the stores.

Chococrazy, if you're still looking for kitchenware, Liquidation World is clearing out a whole bunch of Tramontina cookware, (sets, stockpots), knives, cutlery etc.

I got a 16 quart stockpot with tri-play encapsulated bottom for $29.99. I'm pretty happy about the quality for the price. Chicken stock in it right now.

Middydd, thanks for the tip. I found a 12" Tramontina saute pan (the last one) there for $40. Really worth it. :wub::wub:

Goldas Kitchen also has a retail store in Mississauga in the Heartland power centre near Mavis and Matheson.

There is also a Paderno store in the same area Britannia and Mavis. More pots oriented, of course.

Golda's is really more comprehensive. When my daughter needed a star of David cookie cutter for a school project, Golda's was the only store to have one.

Glad that tip paid off for you. I love the saute pan, but I paid $35 US at TJMaxx, you got a steal!!

I particularily like the lid on the stock pot, it's glass and also fits the saute pan so I can use the metal top that came with the saute pan or the glass top from the stockpot interchangeably.

Went down to Nikolaou Restaurant Supply (629 Queen W, at Bathurst) today. Got a pair of nice Edlund tongs. I saw the 10" Chaudier saute pan for $134 which I think is a pretty good price. They carry Sitram, and a couple other brands. A medium sized granite mortar and pestle is ~$45 while the larger one is ~60.

Edited by Joobu (log)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
the best kitchenware store is the store in the middle of st lawerence. you'll fnd plenty of little gadgets and tools in there.

Ok for occasional use but their stuff is pretty cheap and not particularly well made. I shop there from time-to-time - wide selection - , but wouldn't recommend them for anything other than 'occasional home use'.

figuredmaple,

i don't know much about coffee roasters, but have you tried merchants of green coffee? they are located near queen east and broadview. i went there with a friend recently as we were interested in buying fairtrade coffee. much to our delite they offer you a demo of a coffee roaster in action, after which you get to sit down and enjoy a cup. the coffee was awesome and the staff very knowledgeable. worth checking out.

www.merchantsofgreencoffee.com

• 2 years later...