• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mughboob shahi murgh

Pongi

Oops...I must have pressed the wrong key :rolleyes:

I was saying that recently I tried a recipe of Mughboob shahi murgh which intrigued me a lot, but wasn't fully satisfied of the result. It tasted nice, but the rice turned out overcooked, so I was wondering whether it's expected or not. I made the filling with the basmati rice I generally use for birianis, could be a rice with a longer cooking time more suitable for this recipe?

Another question. I was considering the possibility to use a boned chicken instead of a whole one, suppose it's not traditional but do you think it could be acceptable?

Also other good and tested recipes would be appreciated.

TIA!

Pongi

According to a book I have (which is hopefully reliable, having been written by an Indian) Mughboob shahi murgh is a whole chicken, stuffed with biriani rice and baked. All the recipes of this book are supposed to be traditional, but since I tried to google up the name of this dish and haven't found anything it's likely that it's known with another name.

Any inputs?

Pongi

• 2 weeks later...

Episure, you're right, also in my recipe chicken is supposed to be pan cooked. I was wrong because I tried a first time this way and a second time baking it, just because the first time the rice turned out overcooked. Unfortunately, this happened also the second time :sad:

Any advice?

Pongi