• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Meat" Mr. Cutlets

Fat Guy

The eGullet.com team is very pleased to present this rare public appearance of the inimitable Mr. Cutlets. He will be joining us for a Q&A session the entire week of November 2, 2003.

"A broad, meat-like man," Mr. Cutlets is a veteran of countless hours at the chop-table, and an informal advisor on meat matters to every President since William McKinley. His many out-of-print books include Meat-Men I Have Known, Tasty Talons of Belgium, The Cutlets Way in Business, At Table, Stampede! (as W.W. "Doc" Cutlets), A Child's Life of Harlan Sanders, and most recently Henry Porter and the Magic Wurst. He is also the author of Meat Me in Manhattan: A Carnivore's Guide to New York (Ig Publishing, 2003), which has been number one on the New York Times bestseller list for 27 consecutive weeks, in both the fiction and non-fiction categories.

i769.jpg

The great Anthony Bourdain has said of Mr. Cutlets, "He hacks right to the bleeding heart of the matter, mincing no words." Four-star chef Daniel Boulud has said of Meat Me in Manhattan, "I am proud to be included in this meaty book in which Mr. Cutlets' research is as juicy as a prime grade A porterhouse." It is rumored, too, that Alain Ducasse has been heard to say, "Mr. Cutlets without genius is better than genius without Mr. Cutlets."

This week, Mr. Cutlets welcomes any and all questions of a carnivorous character from eGullet.com members. If you want to learn the difference between lamb and mutton, how to tell the difference between rare and medium using the palm of your hand, or where to find some real barbecue in the Big Apple, sharpen your steak knife and "meat" Mr. Cutlets. Discussion topics may include, but are not limited to, the state of steak, regional treats, aged meats, relationship problems, the crescent edges of fried pork chops, the pathology of gourmands, scrapple, whole spitted oxen, the Presidency, char siu, the mysterious element of Ozmasome, and current events.

You may visit Mr. Cutlets on the Web at www.mr-cutlets.com.

Click here to purchase Meat Me in Manhattan

i768.jpg

Mr. Cutlets, your meaty pal

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)