• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Primum Familiae Vini

mdibiaso

There is an organisation of private wine family with 12 members called Primum Familiae Vini www.pfv.org is the web site. It has 11 members including Jaboulet, Mondavi, Torres and Pol Roger. I have recently been offered to become a passport holder. I wonder if anyone out there has experience with this and can give me some idea what to expect and how best to use the membership. Also any recommendation on how I should be prepared or act when visiting a member winery would be appreciated.

I am familiar with the organization of wineries. To me it seems like quite an honor to be invited as a passport member. I have no clue what it gets you but invitations are never a bad thing. As far as how to act: professional, courteous, grateful..... all of things we learned in school when being invited into someone's house/place of business. These are all family owned businesses and they should be respected for their history and dedication.

Just my $.02.

Phil

I have never met a miserly wine lover