• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wedding in Livingston

Blake

We went to a wedding last weekend (10/18) in Livingston at the Crystal Palace. (I live in Texas.)

I was amazed at the quality of the food and the service.

As is typical of a Jewish wedding there was WAY too much food but it was all of superb quality.

After the wedding ceremony, we all retired to one of the lounges and there were at least 15 serving stations set up to just serve appetizers. There was everything from freshly prepared sushi to brushcetta carried around on trays.....as if the stations weren't enough.

The dinner selections were one fish, one chicken, and Chateaubriand. All were done to perfection and served with a flair that added greatly to the experience.

If anyone in N.J. is looking for a place to have a party, I couldn't possibly recommend the Crystal Palace too highly.

Blake in San Antonio

I have been to a few weddings here. Although they are kosher, none of the weddings were "Jewish" weddings. Everything has always been top notch, and I completely agree with your post. It is definately at the top of its game in this area.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

Crystal Plaza has also been a generous contributor to the Community Foodbank of NJ, which provides food for neighborhood pantries and other help givers. Kitchen left overs do not go to waste.

edited to reflect correct name, I should know better, I drive by it several times weekly

Edited by Rail Paul (log)

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo