• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

bu the wine bar

mcmillan

Bu opened on Oct. 21st. It's at 5245 St-Laurent between Fairmount and St-Viateur. The co-owner, Angelo Rindone, has compiled a seriously great little wine list. It's very cool, and apparently already the after-hours hangout for many of the city's chefs.

I'll let David add his two cents.

It's about time,finally an enoteca thats busy,I thought of this Idea back in 1997 but I never put it in motion.

Congrats to the people who did it.

Onionbreath have you been to an enoteca in Italy. the cuisine they serve we call it La Cucina Ingioranta ( I'm not trying to insult here) were they serve salumi,formaggi,sotto oglio and fresh bread.

I love this type of meal :wub:

Con il melone si mangia , beve e si lava la facia

My Nonno Vincenzo 1921-1994

I'm craving the perfct Gateau Foret Noire .

• 1 month later...

Yes, Culatello, was fortunate to experience the pleisures of Enoteca dining in Roma, Firenze and in the Emilia-Romagna region where I discovered the beauty of pairing cheese with perfumed honey spooned from a large slab of honeycomb and, oh what selections of home-made cured meats... Hard to reproduce here.

Am looking forward to checking out Bu.

Thanks for the web-site link.

Looks terrific. Just the kind of spot that I would enjoy...except for the minor factor that I am four hours by plane away <ruefull grin>

Nice selection of nibblies and terrific wine selection. Nothing like it here in Edmonton I am afraid. I like the idea of being able to unwind with a good bottle of wine and some lighter fare than a big meal.

Prices look fairly good compared to what I recollect from trips back to Montreal in the past.

Another excuse for a trip back to Montreal.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

indeed ... worth it ...

went there early evening yesterday, just before the big rush, had a great time.

Their list of "vins au verre" was very fine, I had the espagnol trio and the méditéranéen trio with l'assiette BU ( dried and cured meat, with various antipasti ).