• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

It's Friday! Where are you.....

Rosie

tonight is plaza bistro - i don't feel like cooking,

tomorrow some sort of seafood at home

sunday, since i work till 5, the husband gets to pop a chicken i prepare in the oven to roast.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Tonight-- Nobu

Tomorrow- cooking italian.  not sure exactly what yet-- definitely homeade pasta, not sure of the sauce nor accompaniments

Sunday--Little Saigon

nobu, you lucky bastard.  

little saigon, good for you!  make a reservation!

paul, yes.  well, if you count monday, tuesday, wednesday, and thursday as every night this week.

nobu-- not so lucky.  the great food is completely offset by a torturous client.  Oh well, nothing several drinks won't fix. :)

I'll be sure to make a reservation and report back on L Saigon

Iano, do try the "egg rolls" at little saigon.  don't let the name dissuade you.  the are served with lettuce and mint, and you should roll up the roll and mint in the lettuce.  yummy.  i could eat them all day.

they do a particularly impressive job with pho as well.

We ate at Blu-Sea Cafe on Wednesday night (Arctic char salmon with caramelized onions and halibut over broccoli rabe) and stopped at their gourmet seafood store next dore -- bought homemade lobster bisque and lobster ravioli.  Definitely having the bisque this evening.  Tomorrow we are trying Raagini in Mountainside.  Anyone ever been?

Tomorrow going to Melange Cafe in Cherry Hill.  Italian with creole and cajun accents.

Chef-owner Joe Brown has a cult following and getting a reservation requires a few weeks in advance.

Even with that we only could get 8:30.  Of course for you Nor Jersy folks Cherry Hill is another time zone

Rosie, when is your affair at Forsgate.  If your leaving home early, give a call and stop in.  I've been known to have a few bottles of wine in the cellar :D

Tom

Tom D

Iano--Why don't you come to China 46 on Sunday. Just e-mail Rachel with the info.

Anyone may feel free to let us know last minute. Since we only have 20 people coming there is room for more. Just try to let me know ahead of coming to the restaurant. Send an eGullet private message or email, but please email me and Rosie because I may not get a chance to read my email - got my goddaughter's 1st birthday party this afternoon.

wish i could have made it-- sandra's review sounds great.  Had a good meal at nobu on Friday.  Saturday was unremarkable-- after a long day of making wedding plans with the soon-to-be inlaws, had a quick dinner at shubox cafe in cedar grove.  Had flank steak on ciabatta w/ caramelized onios-- ok although a bit dry.  Shared some dumplings and a few other apps that were unremarkable.  Place is good for a quick dinner, but the menu needs to be expanded.  Some interesting selections, but didn't feel like it was a full menu.

I was pushing to go to Little Saigon, but I was outnumbered in the vote twice this weekend.  Darnit-- I was pretty excited to go, but after 2 long days of wedding plans, a pizza was about the only thing our group could muster.  Still on my short list of places to try.

Looks like this weekend will be filled with more wedding planning-- my parents, as well as hers will be in town.  Thinking of doing Corso 98 one night, blue sky for brunch, the place by pal's for a dim sum brunch w/ dad.  Need another dinner or two--what would you suggest?

Shubox Cafe is very nice for what is does, but it occupies a vague space in the trade between the white tablecloth joint and booths with laminated tables. Food and price usually say "tablecloth" but the atmosphere says "diner"

I've never had a great meal there, but never had a bad one, either.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo