• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Krunchers Chips

Chris Cognac

Promise?

And what's this about a column?  Do I not read closely enough?

Hmmm....this is kinda like the carrot and the stick. Or is that "the invitation and the insult?" Or "the hamburger and the taunt?" :hmmm::cool:

Chris mentioned his column.

If we go for it, I will mention the e gullet effort in my column and maybe some readers will write in too!
Gustatory illiterati in an illuminati land.

Yeah, I read THAT, but it came from out of nowhere.

FWIW, I would have sworn that I saw another recent mention of his column, I thought I was earlier in this thread but looking back I see that's the first mention here at least. :wacko::huh::wacko:

Edited by hillbill (log)

I write a food column in the Daily Breeze newspaper here in Los Angeles county called the "Culinary Detective". Its a real blast to write and research, for instance yesterday I ventured into the "hood" for some great BBQ with no tables and a view of a liquor store. One woman that came with us got scared as she had never been to South Central L.A. before...strictly Orange County (very upscale).

I have all my columns and reviews on my site should you choose to read them.

By the way...I "did" credit e gullet in my column last week!

Chris

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

Is that the www box next to PM etc.?  maybe you should add a link in your sig line area, explaining it with a word or two.

Yea, its in the www box....I figured it was just best to link it there and if people wanted to check it out they would....my next column will be online (if the web guy gets it up) on dailybreeze.com friday...its up for a week in the "rave"section....I am going to write about that great BBQ place in the hood! Its a fun column and pretty upbeat as I figure people dont want to hear about what I dont like, but rather about things I like and places they can try themselves...Its amazing to see how many people actually go and try places I write about...It blew me away when I first started writing to see the results.

Edited by Chris Cognac (log)

The Hungry Detective

Is that the www box next to PM etc.?  maybe you should add a link in your sig line area, explaining it with a word or two.

Yea, its in the www box....I figured it was just best to link it there and if people wanted to check it out they would....

I suspect that Elyse is suggesting that people are unaware of the WWW button and that it couldn't hurt to have The CULINARY DETECTIVE as a signature.

Ok so let agree to let Fat Guy put a thing in the monthly letter and than we can put a post out asking all e gulleters to write them demanding Krunchers Alfredo be returned to the market!....If we were actually able to pull this off that would say something as to the power here!

might be spelling errors..can barely see cause the smoke from all the fires out here!

The Hungry Detective

Ok so let agree to let Fat Guy put a thing in the monthly letter and than we can put a post out asking all e gulleters to write them demanding Krunchers Alfredo be returned to the market!....If we were actually able to pull this off that would say something as to the power here!

might be spelling errors..can barely see cause the smoke from all the fires out here!

It would be neat if we had someone with the pr skills to turn it into a "stunt" that the mainstream press picks up and see how far we can go with this.

I agree....We should plan something like this out...Its totally do able thought....Heck at least maybe we could get them to make a special batch for us!

It would be good PR for Krunchers as well...we should show them how much they would benefit from our

experiment!

The Hungry Detective

I agree....We should plan something like this out...Its totally do able thought....Heck at least maybe we could get them to make a special batch for us!

It would be good PR for Krunchers as well...we should show them how much they would benefit from our

experiment!

That's just it, if there's buzz and the national press picks it up they'll get publicity they've never had. Heck, I never heard of the company or the brand and I know everything. :raz:

Edited by hillbill (log)