• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Krunchers Chips

Chris Cognac

When I was in the Army, the PX used to sell the greatest chips I have ever tasted. Krunchers brand "Alfredo" flavored chips...They were crispy and oh so good...they came in a blue bag and I would pay top dollar for a bag today....Anyone know if they still make them?

Edited by Chris Cognac (log)

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

I've never had them, but it didn't stop me from demanding that they be brought back. You can check Zagat for the rest of my opinions of things I've never eaten.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I've never had them, but it didn't stop me from demanding that they be brought back. You can check Zagat for the rest of my opinions of things I've never eaten.

I wonder if anyone got a reply from Krunchers...I think it would be cool to kinda freak out the staff there by sending a bunch of e mails...can you imagine them scratching thier heads going.....hhmmm...what brought this alfredo thing on...maybe we should bring it back. It would be a cool "experiment" to conduct and see the power of "e gullet"....

The Zagat thing made me chuckle!

The Hungry Detective

I wonder if anyone got a reply from Krunchers...I think it would be cool to kinda freak out the staff there by sending a bunch of e mails...can you imagine them scratching thier heads going.....hhmmm...what brought this alfredo thing on...maybe we should bring it back. It would be a cool "experiment" to conduct and see the power of "e gullet"....

The Zagat thing made me chuckle!

Please someone describe the Alfredo taste. I'm intrinsically curious but also if I'm going to email and ask them to bring it back I wanna know what I'm asking for. :wub:

Gustatory illiterati in an illuminati land.

Its a subtle flavor, sharp yet creamy with the taste of parmsean and herbs. The chips were not overpowering in flavor, but had enough that you tasted the flavor on each chip, not just a few. Too many cheese flavored chips tend to either overpower with a processed flavor, or barely have any flavor at all..These were just right and it was such a different flavor that they were a joy to eat.

The Hungry Detective

Its a subtle flavor, sharp yet creamy with the taste of parmsean and herbs. The chips were not overpowering in flavor, but had enough that you tasted the flavor on each chip, not just a few. Too many cheese flavored chips tend to either overpower with a processed flavor, or barely have any flavor at all..These were just right and it was such a different flavor that they were a joy to eat.

That sounds really good! I'm going to have to write to them and implore or demand that they bring them back. And that they distribute them in NYC!

You're in NYC?  Burger Club?

Yes, NYC. I'm thinking about joining the Burger Club but I'd have to come out of my cave first and I'm not sure I'm ready to yet.

I did get an e mail from Liz at jays foods thanking me and forwarding my info to the marketing people, blah, blah, blah....

So, should we start a new thread "let's show em the power of e gullet" and see how many people we can get to e mail them....that would rock if we could pull it off!

The Hungry Detective

I did get an e mail from Liz at jays foods thanking me and forwarding my info to the marketing people, blah, blah, blah....

So, should we start a new thread "let's show em the power of e gullet" and see how many people we can get to e mail them....that would rock if we could pull it off!

They did not write me back. :angry:

Maybe I should include it in the next e-mail newsletter update. That thing goes out to all our members.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Maybe I should include it in the next e-mail newsletter update. That thing goes out to all our members.

yea go for it..it would be pretty cool to see if we could influence a products return. It would be easy enough for the company to do as they still make the other flavors of Krunchers.

If we go for it, I will mention the e gullet effort in my column and maybe some readers will write in too!

The Hungry Detective

yea go for it..it would be pretty cool to see if we could influence a products return. It would be easy enough for the company to do as they still make the other flavors of Krunchers.

If we go for it, I will mention the e gullet effort in my column and maybe some readers will write in too!

They appear to have very limited distribution - Chicago and the surrounding area.

What we need to do is create a national clamor for both a product and brand-name most of the nation has never seen or heard of before.

And not only bring the product back but compel a national roll-out.

That would be cool. :biggrin:

You're in NYC?  Burger Club?

Yes, NYC. I'm thinking about joining the Burger Club but I'd have to come out of my cave first and I'm not sure I'm ready to yet.

Big baby.

Last chance for tomorrow...!

I've been called worse.

And resisted greater temptations than a good hamburger.

Er, to tell the truth, I'm not sure about the latter. :raz:

Maybe next round..............