• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oregon

sara

Hi

I'll be spending a few days in Portland in November and would like to visit some wineries and tasting rooms. I went to Archery Summit and The Tasting Room last year--any suggestions?? Places that don't charge outrageous fees are preferable.

thanks

Food is a convenient way for ordinary people to experience extraordinary pleasure, to live it up a bit.

-- William Grimes

Hi

I'll be spending a few days in Portland in November and would like to visit some wineries and tasting rooms.  I went to Archery Summit and The Tasting Room last year--any suggestions?? Places that don't charge outrageous fees are preferable.

thanks

Beaux Feres doesnt usually do tours. However I called for one and they didnt charge. It wasnt as elegant as Archery but far more personable and the tour guide was the assistant winemaker. He was very knowledgable in all areas and even opened some bottles and cheeses for us. One of my favorite tour experiences. Very unexpected, very friendly and good attention to details.

Future Food - our new television show airing 3/30 @ 9pm cst:

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/future-food/

Hope you enjoy the show! Homaro Cantu

Chef/Owner of Moto Restaurant

www.motorestaurant.com