• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch! (2003-2012)

beans

Whole wheat spaghetti with homemade tomato/basil sauce, garlic chicken sauasage, onions and peppers.

Mixed green salad with carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, broccoli & balsamic/EVOO dressing.

Very good. Very easy.

Today is going to be one of those days.....

Eating as I type: two small tilapia fillets, dusted lightly with flour and sauteed; deglazed pan with splash white wine and three small fresh tomatoes, diced; added a pour of heavy cream and a T. of chopped, fresh basil. Removed fish; off heat, whisked in 2+ T. butter.

~ Lori in PA

My blog: http://inmykitcheninmylife.blogspot.com/

My egullet blog: http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=89647&hl=

"Cooking is not a chore, it is a joy."

- Julia Child

Gee, everybody's food sounds so good that I hate to complain, but I need to vent!

I had a horrible :angry: "Cuban Sandwich" from (I shoulda known better) a lunch wagon. YUCK! (picture green smilie thing here) Two shreds of roasted pork, three half pieces of processed "swiss cheeze" and a single pickle slice with wet, watery tastless ham.

(/vent)

I'll just have to give in tomorrow and order from the real Cuban joint around the corner. :wub: Their stuff is almost as good as I can get in Miami!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

Chicken Parm sub with mushrooms. Water. I should be asleep in a 1/2 hour.............

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

Diet Coke (mais oui!), salad (mixed greens, grilled chicken, cukes, red onion, green peas and celery) with balsamic vinaigrette on the side (they're way too liberal with that stuff at the place around the corner) and a small sourdough roll. Topped off with a mini Take 5, this new candy that has peanut butter, pretzels and is covered in chocolate. Not bad - but the chocolate was too sweet - I would rather have dark than milk, I think.

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

Lunch today after a 2 hour drive was 1/2 of a Dinics roast pork with provolone and garlic spinach just swimming in its own porky juices and a diet coke, part of a catfish Po' Boy from the Downhome Diner, a fried chicken salad from same with a diet coke, some "peanuts butter toaster" from a produce stand, also have honey roasted cashews...ummm no dessert not by MY choice. Bought to take home large breakfast sausage links, sage links, and Andouille, and a bunch of veggies for a repast on Saturday morning.

Have to run to the deli for Ice cream for my pie later :blink:

I wonder if we are having dinner

tracey

oh yeah we were at the market in Philly inspired by Percyn

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=74888&st=60

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

My daughter is home sick today, and I have a cold as well, so we headed to the bagel place for some matzoh ball soup. We also got some corn chowder and split a corned beef on a toasted bagel with spicy mustard.

She drank chocolate milk.

I drank a Nantucket Nectar half and half.

Then, to soothe our poor, sore throats, we of course hit our favorite ice cream place - Handel's.

Dylan had a chocolate Handel pop (ice cream scoop on a stick dipped in dark chocolate). I had a small cup of chocolate raspberry truffle. yum... :wub:

Danielle Altshuler Wiley

a.k.a. Foodmomiac

Leftovers from last nights dinner - spaghetti with chicken, mushrooms, green pepper and onions in a tomato sauce. Much better than any crap that is served in the cafeteria where I work.

A truly destitute man is not one without riches, but the poor wretch who has never partaken of lobster. - anonymous

Glorious, glorious Laksa from Hawker's Delight on Main. Perfect meal for the kind of day we're having: rain and more rain.

It was also a very nice treat after completing my first mid-term of the semester. :smile:

Tossed salad (romaine, cucumber, orange pepper, red onion, tomato) with chicken. I sauteed the chicken in a little olive oil, then used the pan drippings to cooks some shallots. I deglazed the pan with sherry vinegar and whisked in a bit of butter (inspired by Susan's butter dressing from last month), and added the warm dressing to the salad.

Eaten after cleaning my apartment from top to bottom, and while watching BBC's Pride and Prejudice. No better way to spend a rainy Saturday.

gallery_26775_1880_106054.jpg

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

Omelettes made with leftover stir fry vegetables and tofu from last night. Well done turkey bacon alongisde. Feh. I'm sick of egg whites, but kiddle has been craving omelettes lately. Mine I doused with hot sauce.

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06