• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch! (2003-2012)

beans

Wnt home for lunch - there were no leftovers for lunch today so got some takeout noodles

- flat rice noodles with mince pork in dark soy sauce, pork balls, couple of slices of liver sausage and scallions

fa837421.jpg

fa8373e9.jpg

A barbacoa burrito at Chipotle, with pinto beans (NO RICE, makes the burrito too filling!), sour cream, cheese, lettuce and two kinds of salsa.

And a diet coke.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

• 2 months later...

I just test drove a couple of our lunch specials today. I had a bowl of Mushroom Bisque with Truffle Oil & Chives and a Roasted Beet Salad with Boucheron Goat Cheese, Crispy Shallots and Balsamic Reduction. :wub:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Swedish pancakes at IHOP and a carafe of coffee. Sue me. :raz:

"Give me 8 hours, 3 people, wine, conversation and natural ingredients and I'll give you one of the best nights in your life. Outside of this forum - there would be no takers."- Wine_Dad, egullet.org

oooh, the pancakes sound lovely.

I had a mixed-greens salad with red and gold peppers, a hard-boiled egg, kidney beans, peas, mushrooms, a sprinkling of blue cheese, and balsamic vinegar. And a lovely sweet and crunchy golden delicious apple (I can't stand apples unless they're crunchy and sweet & juicy enough to get all over me). And a bottle of seltzer.

K

cheddar cheese and pickle sandwich on dark wheat. light mayo, lots of dijon mustard. onions, one stray roasted red pepper. pepperoncinis. sunchips. coffee.

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

A slice of buffalo chicken pizza, and a slice of pepperoni pizza, both liberally doused with garlic & red pepper, and a Stewarts root beer, at the upstairs cafe at Wegmans before doing some graocery shopping.

"Give me 8 hours, 3 people, wine, conversation and natural ingredients and I'll give you one of the best nights in your life. Outside of this forum - there would be no takers."- Wine_Dad, egullet.org

Whitefish salad on a challah roll, Tropicana Grovestand OJ, and a little square of mint-infused chocolate. :smile:

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

a big bowl of won ton soup and a diet coke. And those little crunchies with sweet dipping sauce that they put on the table at this place...

K

• 1 year later...

Depression-Era Lunches made me want to bump this up -- and as a special treat for those of you who can't get cheap Thai street food near your office, I give you pad thai, big bao, and roasted coconut juice from a lunch last week:

gallery_19804_437_22552.jpg

Today I went home with a stomach virus, so I won't be sharing any pix, I'm afraid.

So, like the thread title says: What'd ya have fer lunch, friend?

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

Good call, Chris!

I had take-out from an upscale deli down the street. I got an assortment of salads and veggies, including broccoli rabe and green beans with garlic, cucumber, tomato and red onion with oregano, and a farfalle-pesto-spinach thing. Yummy!

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

Leftovers for me:

brown rice ziti

homemade tomato basil sauce

homemade Italian-herbed chicken breast

Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower with sea salt

a piece of raspberry fruit leather

large DD iced French vanilla with skim milk and Splenda

You say I am mysterious. Let me explain myself. In a land of oranges, I am faithful to apples. ~ Elsa Gidlow

I had a meatball on buttered whole wheat bread....I had to test the meatballs for dinner right?

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

My uncle gave me a big bag of shiitakes from his mushroom "ranch" and that is my favorite way to use them.

I have about a dozen uncles and not a single one has a mushroom ranch. Two questions: (1) What's a "mushroom ranch"? (2) Can one adopt an uncle?

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts