• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch! (2003-2012)

beans

Bahn mi, iced coffee, cigarette.

Nice, all of the above sounds good.. I had a mini butterfingers and two diet pepsi.. :angry:

Lunch of champions, Daniel! :wink:

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

Lunch today was chicken milanese. I coated the chicken in flour, then egg, then a mixture of bread crumbs, garlic, chopped flat-leaf parsley, salt and pepper. The salad on top (tomatoes, romaine hearts and red onion) was dressed with a simple red wine vinaigrette (red wine vinegar, mustard, olive oil, parsley, garlic, S&P). It was really yummy and quite pretty, too. Especially when set against the background of the city as viewed from my window...

gallery_26775_1880_267819.jpg

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

Lunch today was chicken milanese.  I coated the chicken in flour, then egg, then a mixture of bread crumbs, garlic, chopped flat-leaf parsley, salt and pepper.  The salad on top (tomatoes, romaine hearts and red onion) was dressed with a simple red wine vinaigrette (red wine vinegar, mustard, olive oil, parsley, garlic, S&P).  It was really yummy and quite pretty, too.  Especially when set against the background of the city as viewed from my window...

Megan, I think I love you.....tears are rolling down my face. Your photo and post makes me so homesick! :sad:

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

megan, do you have a food blog i could visit? your pictures are awesome!

for lunch today we tried some pani puri -- very tedious rolling and frying but yum -- which my kids loved. that along with some channa ki dahl.

stef :smile:

stefoodie.net - now a wheatless, eggless, dairyless food blog

noodlesandrice.com (with b5media)

bakingdelights.com (with b5media, and my 15-yo-dd)

I wanted a grilled cheese sandwich. I searched the fridge and came up with a little super-sharp white cheddar, grated mozz from a bag, and cream cheese. I fixed this on rye and drank apple cider with it. You know, it wasn't half bad.

~ Lori in PA

My blog: http://inmykitcheninmylife.blogspot.com/

My egullet blog: http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=89647&hl=

"Cooking is not a chore, it is a joy."

- Julia Child

I used to nosh on HotPockets for breakfast, as a teacher due in the classroom at 7:45 am. :blink:

Leftover Chicken-Leek-Oat soup, bag o' Doritos, and Lemon Coke, today.

Sometimes, I need my dose of Americana. :rolleyes:

megan, do you have a food blog i could visit? your pictures are awesome!

Thanks, Stef! No foodblog yet, but maybe some day...

I had breakfast for lunch today...the street outside my window is super-crowded for a Sunday, thanks to the marathon going up First Avenue a block away.

Lunch was scrambled eggs with a little parsley, a tomato and red onion salad, and a potato-bacon-onion hash (Using up the leftovers from earlier this week!).

gallery_26775_1880_241320.jpg

Queenie Takes Manhattan

Made a spicy sopressatta mortadella sandwich.. I chopped up the meat.. I hate when you bite into a piece and drag out the whole sandwich.. Covered with fresh mozz.

gallery_15057_1168_1316742.jpg

I wrapped the sandwich in plastic wrap and pressed it with my hands for like 10 minutes..

After grilling it, I opened the sandwich and put a parsley, anchovy, lemon,oil..

gallery_15057_1168_1177198.jpg

gallery_15057_1168_1350498.jpg

Bite

gallery_15057_1168_94076.jpg

Artichoke heart, ham, and mushroom quiche. Parmesan crust....yum. Cherry tomatoes with garlic vinaigrette. Camembert and rolls.

Coffee! Apple pie!

Best of all....most of it was reheated via toaster oven in about 20 minutes. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

My cousin took me out for a Thai lunch. Everything was amazing. He ordered cashew shrimp, beef with kailan, but I was completely blown away by this steamed fish. The flavor and presentation was spectacular. It came to the table bubbling hot from the charcoal in the lower pan. The succulent tender fish was bathed in a fragrant spicy sweet sour broth.

gallery_11814_1914_47359.jpg

gallery_11814_1914_31043.jpg

I'm still in a blissful mood after the wonderful Thai iced coffee we had to end our meal.

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

I had a gyro from the Halal cart around the corner - extra hot sauce! For dessert, a very yummy Gala apple from the fruit cart. And, of course, a Diet Coke (nectar of the gods, that stuff).

Queenie Takes Manhattan