• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Entries: Round Twelve

No comment, but I'd have "I want some seafood mama" playing in the background. The original Fats Waller please, not the Andrew Sisters.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

Not an entry, but if you look at the chick in the water and the boat, either that woman is incredibly huge or the boat is tiny.  Or maybe I have no sense of perspective.

There's a boat?

Chad

Look just above the dude's turban. That's a rowboat, isn't it?

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

Not an entry, but if you look at the chick in the water and the boat, either that woman is incredibly huge or the boat is tiny.  Or maybe I have no sense of perspective.

There's a boat?

Chad

I believe Chad was being facetious, my friend. Reminds me of that "optical illusion" email going around. Seen it?

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

There's a boat?

Chad

I believe Chad was being facetious, my friend. Reminds me of that "optical illusion" email going around. Seen it?

Hey, bud, I ain't got no patience for that there facetious crap.

And who you callin' friend, chump???

Oh, it's you, Mike. Sorry about that.

That's still a big-ass woman.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

TITLE: After 48 hours of Pig Pickin, and under the influence of Mark Stevens' spicy "wild mushroom" appetizer, the remaining "In-Crowd" relaxes au Naturale on the grounds of Chateau Varmint.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

TITLE: After 48 hours of Pig Pickin, and under the influence of Mark Stevens' spicy "wild mushroom" appetizer, the remaining "In-Crowd"  relaxes au Naturale on the grounds of Chateau Varmint.

So which eGullet member is SHE?

(sorry, you set yourself up)

-- A.B.

TITLE: After 48 hours of Pig Pickin, and under the influence of Mark Stevens' spicy "wild mushroom" appetizer, the remaining "In-Crowd"  relaxes au Naturale on the grounds of Chateau Varmint.

It's definately Varmint in drag.

Actually, I am a woman. I was in drag for the pig pickin'.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

Pigstockpalooza, 1968:

HEARD OVER THE LOUDSPEAKER:

"Everyone, stay calm, but it appears we have some bad brown vidalia onion hushpuppies circulating around. We advise you not to eat it, but its your own decision. Peace and Love, everybody!"

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Actually, I am a woman. I was in drag for the pig pickin'.

That explains why as the night wore on, I was admiring your rack more and more. :rolleyes:

Not edited to add: just kidding.... really.....

-- A.B.