• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2941 - egullet event

Monica Bhide

Monica,

Any word on the menu yet? My wish list includes the Foie Gras and Seared Yellowfin Tuna starters. The tuna tartare that came with the Seared Yellowfin Tuna was some of the best I ever had. It was creamy and full of flavor. The foie gras was also good. I was a little apprehensive at first because it was slightly rare inside, but good anyway. Colvin Run is still tops with their foie gras sausage.

Stacie (without the 35)

Shucks - I adore the restaurant. I'm a newbie and would love to meet some DC foodies but I'll be in Charleston. Won't a Saturday date basically eliminate all restaurant professionals from the festivities? Don't suppose you'd reconsider and do Sunday the 23rd???

E Gullet Dinner Menu

Porcini and Puff Pastry Tart

with Madeira and black truffles

--

Bacon Wrapped Diver Scallop

with spiced apple cider glaze

--

Marinated Chilean Sea Bass

with honey and soy

--

Grilled Foie Gras

with ginger confit

--

Burgundy Glazed Beef Cheek Bon Bon and Tenderloin

with celery root puree and caramelized root vegetables

--

Marinated Venison Loin and Meatloaf

with sweet potato puree, braised kale and Dijon mustard

--

Caramelized Pear Tart

with brown sugar ice cream

--

mignardise

--

cotton candy

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

Okay folks -- please confirm with a PM. Here is the list of folks I have. Darren would love to have you join in! This is at $80 per person (sorry I was 5 bucks off!!!!)

I would also like to invite more newbies to join us ,...... great chance to meet some really wonderful folks and have a mouthwatering dinner

Chris +1 (Confirmed)

Bill +1 ( Confirmed)

Hannah + 1 (confirmed)

Malawry + 1

Edemuth (Confirmed)

Stacie35 (confirmed)

hjshorter +1 (confirmed)

missy +1 ( confirmed)

Edited by Monica Bhide (log)

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

• 3 weeks later...