• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: herbacidal - pushed grudgingly into service

herbacidal

do you help at all with the cooking?

i do a little, but not much. i like helping out when i go visit people, though.

i usually wash the rice and put it in the cooker.

otherwise, set the table. i need to cook more. when i'm home by myself i try various things, but then there's less motivation b/c doing it all for myself, not worth the hassle.

elyse, don't do that on my account. wouldn't mind working on non-burger edibles that day. and i only found out about my friend's thing yesterday.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Can I call her kitty kat kutie kate?

No. You can call me Goddess, though. Her royal Highness...Princess...She who must be obeyed...any of those will work.

:biggrin:

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

just finished a bowl of rice krispies.

Whole, 2% or skim...?

=R=

D: 1%

the one you left out.

I have a group of college friends with which I regularly share a vacation house for the week. After years of having to buy four different kinds of milk, I buy whole and skim and let people mix their own.

Bruce

a fruit i don't know (shape, color and size of plum, seed inside is shape of football).

What plum shape and colour because plums come in several shapes and colours? I'm guessing this unknown fruit is good since you had two? I love different fruit. Apples are so out except when cooked.

Whole, 2% or skim...?

=R=

the one you left out.

I have a group of college friends with which I regularly share a vacation house for the week. After years of having to buy four different kinds of milk, I buy whole and skim and let people mix their own.

Bruce

I used to have a roommate in college who would only eat cereal with half and half. Pretty sure he's dead by now :wink:

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

I have a group of college friends with which I regularly share a vacation house for the week.  After years of having to buy four different kinds of milk, I buy whole and skim and let people mix their own.

What I like even more is to just buy fancy creamline milk. That way the anti-fat people can pour skim and the rest of us can have a little fat in our milk. I, of course, derive great pleasure from pointing out that full fat milk is still only 4%, and that they're getting a lot more fat from one pat of butter than they do from an entire cereal bowl of milk. You have to drink a LOT of milk before skim versus whole makes a significant difference in your fat/calorie intake.

Another thing I like about creamline milk is that I find it tastes creamier than homogenized whole milk and yet feels lighter at the same time. This, I think, has something to do with the smaller size of the fat particles in homogenized milk and the fact that the homogenization process acts to thicken the milk slightly.

--

Whole, 2% or skim...?

=R=

the one you left out.

Bruce

I used to have a roommate in college who would only eat cereal with half and half. Pretty sure he's dead by now :wink:

=R=

I knew a girl in high school who used to drink CREAM instead of milk. :wacko: She kept telling me how it tastes much better, but I've yet to try.

Apples are so out except when cooked.

You're just eating the wrong apples... I've decided to go through the vast variety of apples available now and figure out if the modernmarketingmachine has generated anything that beats the old favorites (McIntosh and Winesap)... I'm rather liking Empires right now and they certainly fit within the tart and crunchy mold of the old favorites, actually, and the Galas just don't do much for me. There are a zillion varieties of apples out there, and finding the good ones is a fun hunt.

Edited by cdh (log)

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

okay, been busy and out all day.

8:30AM, furry pork bun (yook soong bao): shredded pork, very furry, on the top of a chinese baked bun

10AM, large cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee

11:30AM, small cup of coffee

12:45PM, beef brisket (Jewish not Cantonese kind, although not strictly traditional or Orthodox) sandwich on a slice of cinnamon raisin and a slice of wheat

9PM roast pork sandwich with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe from Tony Luke's, Krispy Kreme donut from mini-mart, not bakery store

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

No. You can call me Goddess, though. Her royal Highness...Princess...She who must be obeyed...any of those will work.

K

the rest of you can do that.

i'll figure something else out.

it may even be complimentary. snicker, snicker. :rolleyes:

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Whole, 2% or skim...?

=R=

the one you left out.

:biggrin: naturally...

=R=

Are you two related?

whydja think that?

we're just going back and forth with quite natural semi-humorous responses.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

a fruit i don't know (shape, color and size of plum, seed inside is shape of football).

What plum shape and colour because plums come in several shapes and colours? I'm guessing this unknown fruit is good since you had two? I love different fruit. Apples are so out except when cooked.

very, very, very deep dark red. darker than burgundy, almost purple.

spherical.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

K

Will do, Goddess! :laugh:

herb, no idea on the fruit thing.

spherical.

What's the flesh like?

spherical.

What's the flesh like?

very much like the plums i've had. a little denser though.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Whole, 2% or skim...?

=R=

the one you left out.

:biggrin: naturally...

=R=

Are you two related?

whydja think that?

we're just going back and forth with quite natural semi-humorous responses.

Oh, I just thought he was your brother or something and you guys lived together.

Just wondering...not making any assumptions :wink:

so didja think we had whole, skim, and 2% all in the house?

i think the only egulleteers related to each other by blood are NeroW and fritz brenner.

batgrrl and col klink are married. Fat Guy and Ellen Shapiro also. the Perlows as well. chefette and Steve Klc.

anyone i'm leaving out?

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.