• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pici

Bond Girl

In the recent issue of Town and Country Travel, there's an article about a Tuscan pasta which were hand rolled, pretty much like Japanese udon noodles, called Pici. Supposedly, it can be served a number of ways: with a sauce that contained duck, tossed with cherry tomatoes and fava beans, or with a simple tomato sauce. Obviously, the average Town and Country readers would never dream of making it themselves, so the entire article does not contain one recipe. Anyone have any idea of how to make the stuff?

Ya-Roo Yang aka "Bond Girl"

The Adventures of Bond Girl

I don't ask for much, but whatever you do give me, make it of the highest quality.

It is easiest with a special Pici roller. this is the official pasta of Siena. I don't really know if it is official, but that is the pasta's hometown. It is certainly ubiquitous and delicious there. I have made it at home with the roller I brought back from there.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

It goes very well with a creamy porcini mushroom sauce. Variations of that are all I've ever really had it with, either there or here. It has been a while since I've made it. I didn't really use a recipe for the porcini sauce.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz