• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

LightHouse (Korean) in Fairview

thereuare

Just wanted to give an update after eating lunch here yesterday....

They have indeed expanded the menu, now offering:

1) The original 10 items (8 soups, 1 rib dish, 1 beef dish)

2) A plethora of Korean dishes as well as raw meets cooked at the table (although some tables still aren't hooked up for the table grill, to these tables a portable propane grill is brought to the table)

3) A lunch menu

The menu is now quite extensive, although some items on it are still not available (ie- the one's without prices by them).

The food once again was excellent (i've had 1 bad meal here in about 8 visits... not a bad track record).

This visit was with my sister's family (including her 3 children).  The service was great as they were very accomodating, suggestion menu items for the children (although we hit the slight language barrier asking for rubber bands for the kid's chopsticks... a customer at another table heard what we were asking and jumped in and explained in Korean what we wanted).

We all had a great time and had a very relaxing and UNrushed lunch.  The kids also were fascinated by the

Korean gum given with the check.

By the way (sorry Tommy), with the expanded menu has come a liquor license, so no more BYO.

maybe we could stop by for a post-dinner dinner after China 46, and rink what's left of the ripple, thunderbird, iron city beer, etc.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

thereuare,

I've pretty much decided to stick to the original BBQ items (especially the kitchen-prepared Short Ribs)  on future visits... but if you enjoyed any of the new items in particular, please let us know...

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

jhlurie,

I too stick with the "originals." (except for me it's the Bul Go Gi... or however it's spelled)

A few times ago i was there with my fiance and she ordered the "cook yourself chicken" at the table.  Our table had the grill in the table, but it wasn't hooked up so they brought out a portable which sat on the table.  It cooked very unevenly and the waiter is sort of "cooking it for you/not cooking it for you."  He also wasn't very good at it as she bit into one piece that he served her and she had to put it back on the grill because it wasn't done being cooked.

I figure if i'm eating Korean food, i want somebody Korean to cook it... they'll likely to much more experience with it than myself.