• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jinmyo

Burger King

Posted (edited)

these taco's were both crispy on one side , and soft and oily ( in a good sense ) on the other.

a bit of both worlds.

and I can't say for sure , but the second set of 3 were better the the first trial item

I asked for more ' not hot ' sauce.   I got that and I think more filling !

suprise.gif.04bd7c4e1ba4f699e5dfad7500f50c57.gif

money-mouth.gif.b3199c44870f46d695e0db559d05a61a.gif

this is not a TacoTruck or Street Taco.

its a Corn-ey Greasy GutBombe  .   no more no less.

and as such "  Bombe's Away !

no TacoBell near me to compare.

its an Im Starving and have just one buck  taco 

It hit that spot BTW  even though I wasn't starving and had more that 3 bucks in my wallet.

I am glad BK is about 20 minutes away , but its on the way to MarketBasket.

fortunatelly for me , I go to MB before BK switches to ' Lunch "

Usually

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

I am mentally comparing these with the "street tacos" at Carl's Jr. several years ago.     Two soft tortillas, several tablespoons of shredded (grilled?) chicken white meat, lettuce and tomato, cheese, access to a salsa bar = $2.79 as I recall.    I would separate into two tortillas, split the toppings and head for the salsa bar for sauce and jalapenas, more cilantro and onoin -> two "decent" tacos at roughly $1.40 each.     Acceptable flavors and textures and one order was filling.   Absolutely NOT one of my truck tacos, but worked when DH wanted Carl's jr .   

FWIW, my personal hang-up: Crispy shelled tacos = handheld tostados.     "Tacos" are made with soft tortillas.     Guess I'm just a street dog.

Carl's has discontinued this item.   Probably decided it was not cost effective, canibalizing more profitable items on the menu.

Call me a philistine, but I do love a crispy shell on a taco. Comes of growing up thinking Taco Bell was Mexican, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

On 8/16/2019 at 7:53 PM, Toliver said:

BK is attempting to broaden their breakfast offerings with three "waffle sandwiches" that come with either ham, bacon or sausage.

Here's what they look like:

"Three New Maple Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches Are Officially on Burger King's Breakfast Menu"

There's a 2nd photo of the sandwiches in the article which also illustrates why I don't eat breakfast at BK. Look at the egg in the sandwiches. It's like they get sheets of eggs that they cut up to fit the sandwiches. Those sheets of eggs don't communicate "just made fresh" to me. Maybe they get powdered eggs. I don't know. They just don't look appetizing,IMHO.

Those eggs give me the gagging shivers.  Ewww.

• Haha 1

"Burger King Is Bringing Back Cheesy Tots Again — But Only for a Limited Time"

Burger King announced this week that their beloved Cheesy Tots are back yet again — but, like always, only for a limited amount of time.

Much like their name implies, Cheesy Tots are snackable potato bites filled with melted cheese, which come coated in crunch bread crumbs — and they’re served hot.

The tater tot snacks are currently available across the United States at participating restaurants and are being sold in sets of 4 for $1, a Burger King spokesperson told The Takeout.

Has anyone had them? Charging 4 for $1 seems a little steep for such a meager portion.O.o

• Confused 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver