• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Jinmyo

Burger King

207 posts in this topic

Just need to say, in Olympia, WA, I find Burger Thing to be first ( especially since I can see and smell the grill) comes first,  McFondalds a distant second ( and I am a stockholder) and Wendheaves a deep distant third.  And, may I say, I have never had as bad a burger, sober or not, as I had last night at our local Wendy's.  YUCH!

4 people like this

Burger King vs McD?

Burger King for me.. The difference is minimal, but I feel like King's burgers and everything is just a bit better.

3 people like this

BK is a little better .   however , they don't seem to send me any coupons !

which is probably just as well.

Edited by rotuts (log)

We have both BK and MD franchises in South Africa. I have never tried a BK meal as they were caught subbing part of their beef with horse meat a couple of years ago. Horse meat is illegal in South Africa for human consumption due to certain disease reasons and the fact that there is no registered abattoirs here for horse meat, which means no checks on the meat, disease or quality.

When MD opened their franchises here about 20 years ago, there was an ongoing PR campaign on how all their staff had been sent to the US for training and management had also spent weeks there on quality control, management and how to run the franchises "the American way". That all turned out to be a PR load of BS. About three months after the first franchise opened in my area a friend suggested we stop off and get a couple of burgers one lunch time. I must admit it was the most delicious slab of cardboard I have ever eaten - very similar to the beef flavoured ration pack biscuits we used to have during the Rhodesian war - you had to drive a truck over the biscuits after soaking them in water overnight to be able to eat them!

To be honest, I really do not know how anybody can eat either of the franchise offerings - they really are not good to eat or for your health. Not here anyway - do not know about the US or anywhere else as I am not willing to punish my body by trying.

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

BK >> McD.

At least around here the meat is better, not as overcooked, and has flame broiled taste.

And you can say "no pickles or onions " have it come out that way

also  :  extra mayo  and tomatoes !

Im actually pleased they have not sent me  coupons :

Buy One ! Get Two !

I do go by them on the way to MarketBasket 

http://www.mydemoulas.net

Edited by rotuts (log)
1 person likes this

I will not cross the street to eat at either one with a very few exceptions:

Breakfast -- McDonald's hash browns will stand between me and starvation. One of those with an apple pie will carb me up for the day. Their coffee is acceptable, as long as you catch it fresh. 

Burger King, however, has French toast sticks, which I absolutely adore, but will rarely order, as I am pretty certain an order of them is about 5,000 calories.

If I am starving, it's lunch or dinner time, and those two are my only options, I'll reluctantly go with BK, unless it's my one time a year to want a fish sandwich. Their burgers are better. My eldest, however, will not eat them because, she contends, they use Liquid Smoke, which is another one of her migraine triggers.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com