• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger King

Jinmyo

On 5/17/2017 at 2:45 AM, Thanks for the Crepes said:

You made me laugh! Thanks.

Yep, steel-belted radials would probably bring down the stoutest wood chipper.

It depends on the staff at the Burger King, A LOT. It can be good or it can be dangerous to your health and good sanity. A bad meal can bring me down in a hurry. Ours varies from excellent to inedible. But as far as worse places, my last visit to Subway was horrific. That was only for that location and that particular visit, although I'll never risk another one there. It was especially disappointing because I had been jonesing for months about a great Subway sandwich I got at the food court inside Duke Hospital in Durham. They even had alfalfa sprouts and all the ingredients were fresh and perfect. It just goes to show that everything depends on the staff at your local store, and some of them do not have any motivation to provide a good product. I realize the pay is low, but you know what? You are here so you might as well do the best you can with what you got. That is the way I always looked at it anyway, when I was working as a usually underpaid whatever. Some do and some don't. It's a complete crapshoot, and I am not a gambler.

I gave up on Subway when they asked me if I wanted lettuce on my salad.

• Like 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Our BK must not have air scrubbers, you can stand outside and smell the broiling going on. It is also directly across from our Hostess/Dolly Madison plant so while smelling burgers, you also get the smell of bread and cupcakes and Twinkies baking. I think I gain weight every time I am stopped there at the traffic light.

• Like 3

The Harris Poll - 2017 Burger Brands...

1. Five Guys Burgers and Fries
  2. In-N-Out Burger
  3. Shake Shack
  4. Wendy's
  5. Culver's
  6. Whataburger
  7. McDonald's
  8. SONIC America's Drive-In
  9. Smashburger
  10. Steak 'n Shake

Is there a flame broiled burger in there?

Actually, that may be a marketing hype list.  I recently went to Five Guys for the first time and concluded that while the burger was good, it was nowhere near as good as all the news articles plastered on their walls would suggest.  And that's really all their decor is - news clippings.  It was like I walked into their own little burger masturbatoreum.

Edited by IndyRob (log)
  • Like 3

I guess Im not going to try SmashBurger ( 5 min away )

but i might go back to 5 Guys and check in  ( 4 min away )

I haven't been to In'N'Out in a long time    fine burgers

but for me ShackShake   ( in the ' burbs )  is mighty fime   ( SmokeShake )    25 min away.

Edited by rotuts (log)

The small town next to me has a McD's and I sometimes stop there after my hair appointments.

I always order the chicken sandwich (with lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo) and a small bag o' fries.

It's actually very good.

• 1 year later...

Burger King  gets little attention on eG.

anyway  thought Id use this thread :

Google  " burger king plant based whopper "

who is going to take a Hit for the Team ?

I would , but I have very hard and fast rules on ' Fast Food ' :

no coupon , no fast food

works like a charm.

[ed.:  Shake Shack is not classified as Fast Food by rotuts .   he is planning for a SmokeShake later today , having business near a SS ]

• Like 2

I think Carl's Jr has a non-meat patty offering, as well.

Not interested in the least for meatless anything. :hmmm:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Burger King takes on McDonald's with a range of 'unhappy' meals"

The fast-food chain introduced a range of boxed deals it's calling "Real Meals," including the Pissed Meal, Blue Meal, Salty Meal, Yaaas Meal and DGAF (Don't Give a F---) Meal as part of Mental Health Awareness Month in May. The deal includes a Whopper sandwich, french fries and a drink.

"Burger King restaurants understands that no one is happy all the time. That's why they're asking guests to order a Whopper meal based on however they might be feeling," an online release stated Wednesday.

It's an interesting advertising spin.

I'll take a Pissed Meal, please. :laugh:

• Haha 3

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

56 minutes ago, Toliver said:

"Burger King takes on McDonald's with a range of 'unhappy' meals"

It's an interesting advertising spin.

I'll take a Pissed Meal, please. :laugh:

How can anything good come of this? What are  they thinking? And why would this mental health group sign on?

Having said that the DGAF meal fits with the usual attitude at the BK drive thru.

• Like 1

But the meals are all the same! (Whopper value meal) I clicked through expecting to see meals to fit the theme, like a DGAF meal might contain three orders of fries and a large chocolate shake, while a Blue meal might be a side salad with the dressing on the side.

• Like 2

"There is nothing like a good tomato sandwich now and then."

-Harriet M. Welsch

On 5/2/2019 at 12:10 PM, gfweb said:

How can anything good come of this? What are  they thinking? And why would this mental health group sign on?

Having said that the DGAF meal fits with the usual attitude at the BK drive thru.

Don't go there but you have to remember who ad creators  are - way young generation. Would be interesting to see the "after"stats,  Some folks trying to think out of the box. (but in the box literally) Kinda like I don't get most of the memes. 

• Like 2

They can call the French toast sticks anything they want, long as they keep them on the menu. They're my favorite guilty fast food crave.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

• 1 month later...

a week or so ago 

the circular selection that comes via the P.O.Carrier

had some fast food coupons.

McD , and Burger King.

I decided to try a Whopper ( or two )

the W tastes better , understanding the bar is low , than the BigMac

due to the CharBroil.

you can also add extra shrubbery is you like

Whopper w extra tomato  ( decent ) and pickles.

one thing about the Whopper there seems to be a lot of Bun.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

ill try one if i can remember

may that BK had no idea on how to make it.

I used to like taco Bells tacos way way back :

the only place you would get anything that had cumin ( flavor ) in it at that time

Edited by rotuts (log)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rotuts said:

That's hysterical! Maybe they should sell him in Vegas since people are used to gambling there anyway. I'm surprised they can get away with that, especially in Europe. Seems like many of the standards are even higher there than they are in that states. I can't see how it would attract customers, only how it could run them off.

• Like 1

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.