• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

On 8/14/2019 at 8:49 AM, rotuts said:

I will not lie :

passing by BK at 10:45 AM today 

A Force pulled me in.

1663904217_BKTs.thumb.jpg.0f2a8c28a4abf48059bb5461c93f9996.jpg

yes , those are three tacos, but with extra ' hot sauce '

two would have been better .  My Eyes were bigger than my stomach.

Trashy - Tasty ,  freshly [sic] made.  

however , now Im not going to think of a FF Taco for many many years.

a FF Palate-Cleanser is almost ice-cold and ready for service.

don't try these , unless BK is not busy , and get the extra sauce.  its not hot.

one would be a good intro

I am mentally comparing these with the "street tacos" at Carl's Jr. several years ago.     Two soft tortillas, several tablespoons of shredded (grilled?) chicken white meat, lettuce and tomato, cheese, access to a salsa bar = $2.79 as I recall.    I would separate into two tortillas, split the toppings and head for the salsa bar for sauce and jalapenas, more cilantro and onoin -> two "decent" tacos at roughly $1.40 each.     Acceptable flavors and textures and one order was filling.   Absolutely NOT one of my truck tacos, but worked when DH wanted Carl's jr .   

FWIW, my personal hang-up: Crispy shelled tacos = handheld tostados.     "Tacos" are made with soft tortillas.     Guess I'm just a street dog.

Carl's has discontinued this item.   Probably decided it was not cost effective, canibalizing more profitable items on the menu.

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

On 8/14/2019 at 8:49 AM, rotuts said:

I will not lie :

passing by BK at 10:45 AM today 

A Force pulled me in.

1663904217_BKTs.thumb.jpg.0f2a8c28a4abf48059bb5461c93f9996.jpg

yes , those are three tacos, but with extra ' hot sauce '

two would have been better .  My Eyes were bigger than my stomach.

Trashy - Tasty ,  freshly [sic] made.  

however , now Im not going to think of a FF Taco for many many years.

a FF Palate-Cleanser is almost ice-cold and ready for service.

don't try these , unless BK is not busy , and get the extra sauce.  its not hot.

one would be a good intro

I am mentally comparing these with the "street tacos" at Carl's Jr. several years ago.     Two soft tortillas, several tablespoons of shredded (grilled?) chicken white meat, lettuce and tomato, cheese, access to a salsa bar = $2.79 as I recall.    I would separate into two tortillas, split the toppings and head for the salsa bar for sauce and jalapenas, more cilantro and onoin -> two "decent" tacos at roughly $1.40 each.     Acceptable flavors and textures and one order was filling.   Absolutely NOT one of my truck tacos, but worked when DH wanted Carl's jr .   

FWIW, my personal hang-up: Crispy shelled tacos = handheld tostados.     "Tacos" are made with soft tortillas.     Guess I'm just a street dpg.