• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I decided to take two Hits for the Team.

with no coupon !   not to worry .  a awarded myself extra Kudos.

1156732098_BK1.thumb.jpg.1dcb74974575f8a13fc7466506305fb6.jpg

1 )  the $ 1 Taco :

BK2.thumb.jpg.920b6e126fecc0e38392911035a53fda.jpg

mine was crispy , not greasy .   contents were minimal , but tasted OK.  nice crunch on the shell , that had some

oil-flavor.    very little cumin flavor , just a hint .  the sauce was not hot , which would have been nice.

conclusion :  at my BK , OK for a Buck.

2 )  IF Whopper

if you had an App , you could get a IFW  and a BeefW for $ 7.  I feel apps are like an insidious disease , 

like the Great Masquerader Itself.  the Tertiary Version is a bummer , the books suggest.  Al Capone found out HimSelf

they did their best to hunt around on the cash register for the $ 7 , but no-go .  two whoppers at one sitting would have been

problematic ,and after that Delicious Taco , ............

BK3.thumb.jpg.eb3223129c208acf8ea2775688384c9e.jpg

BK4.thumb.jpg.295700e4570bd28eaeb6b2bb2d3ee34c.jpg

I always order extra tomatoes , and pickles.

some nice char-flavor , but not as much as the beef W.   condiments make the items at BK for me

this was a decent ' burger '   the beef W would have been beefier, duh !

near the end of the burger [sic]  there developed  some vegetable flavors  : dried green peas 

as in split ( green ) pea soup , but w no ham flavor whatsoever.

all FastFood has a pronounced  lingering aftertaste foe me.   this after-taste was not unpleasant 

unless you can't stand split green pea soup , with no ham nor any other flavors in the soup.

over all , not bad at all .   this burger costs $ 1.00 more that the beef version.

Id say , after the curiosity  for something like this gets sated , its going to be a minor item on the menu

at the same price , possible a different result.

the CattleMen's Assoc.  and AgraCon  have nothing to worry about here at BK.

in a few minutes I going to have an icy cold Hoponius Union , in a frozen glass

as a personal reward :

JAB-hoponiusunion-web.thumb.png.4adeea39e234b335392fef2f3bb192c8.png

and I am looking forward to it !

rotuts

rotuts

1 )  the $ 1 Taco :

mine was crispy , not greasy .   contents were minimal , but tasted OK.  nice crunch on the shell , that had some

oil-flavor.    very little cumin flavor , just a hint .  the sauce was not hot , which would have been nice.

2 )  IF Whopper

if you had an App , you could get a IFW  and a BeefW for $ 7.  I feel apps are like an insidious disease , 

like the Great Masquerader Itself.  the Tertiary Version is a bummer , the books suggest.  Al Capone found out HimSelf

they did their best to hunt around on the cash register for the $ 7 , but no-go .  two whoppers at one sitting would have been

some nice char-flavor , but not as much as the beef W.   condiments make the items at BK for me

near the end of the burger [sic]  there developed  some vegetable flavors  : dried green peas 

as in split ( green ) pea soup , but w no ham flavor whatsoever.

all FastFood has a pronounced  lingering aftertaste foe me.   this after-taste was not unpleasant 

unless you can't stand split green pea soup , with no ham nor any other flavors in the soup.

over all , not bad at all .   this burger costs $ 1.00 more that the beef version.

Id say , after the curiosity  for something like this gets sated , its going to be a minor item on the menu

as a personal reward :

and I a looking forward to it !

rotuts

rotuts

1 )  the $ 1 Taco :

2 )  IF Whopper

as in split ( green ) pea soup , but w no ham whatsoever.

as a personal reward :

rotuts

rotuts

1 )  the $ 1 Taco :

2 )  IF Whopper

the CattleMen's Assoc.  and AgraCon  have nothing to worry about here.

as a personal reward :

rotuts

rotuts

1 )  the $ 1 Taco :

2 )  IF Whopper

as a personal reward :

rotuts

rotuts

1 )  the $ 1 Taco :

2 )  IF Whopper

they did their best to hunt around on the cash register for it , but no-go .  two whoppers at one sitting would have been

problematic ,and after that delicious Taco , ............

this was a decent ' burger '   the beef W would have been beefier.  

unless you can't stand split green peas soup , with no ham nor any other flavors.

as a personal reward :