• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

IndyRob

IndyRob

The Harris Poll - 2017 Burger Brands...

1. Five Guys Burgers and Fries
  2. In-N-Out Burger
  3. Shake Shack
  4. Wendy's
  5. Culver's
  6. Whataburger
  7. McDonald's
  8. SONIC America's Drive-In
  9. Smashburger
  10. Steak 'n Shake

Is there a flame broiled burger in there?

Actually, that may be a marketing hype list.  I recently went to Five Guys for the first time and concluded that while the burger was good, it was nowhere near as good as all the news articles plastered on their walls would suggest.  And that's really all their decor is - news clippings.  It was like I walked into their own little burger masturbatoreum.

IndyRob

IndyRob

The Harris Poll - 2017 Burger Brands...

1. Five Guys Burgers and Fries
  2. In-N-Out Burger
  3. Shake Shack
  4. Wendy's
  5. Culver's
  6. Whataburger
  7. McDonald's
  8. SONIC America's Drive-In
  9. Smashburger
  10. Steak 'n Shake

Is there a flame broiled burger in there?

Actually, that may be a marketing hype list.  I recently went to Five Guys for the first time and concluded that while the burger was good, it was nowhere near as good as all the news articles plastered on their walls would suggest.  And that's really all their decor is - news clippings.  It's like you walked into their own little burger masturbatoreum.