• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ten Star Tapas

This is a rum old site, based around a promotional campaign by Sherry.org. Eight UK chefs with 10 Michelin stars between them (although only 6 of them are starred) have knocked up tapas recipes to be drunk with sherry.

The site contains the recipes and a list of 12 restaurants, but it is not clear (to me at least) whether the restaurants, which are not those of the featured chefs, will be serving the recipes, or if the chefs will serve the food at their own restaurants. All very confusing.

See if you can work it all out by clicking here.

Looks to me like they have just created the recipes - I can't find anythng that says they will be served at all-

Maybe they served them at the launch party?

Too bad if that is the case, they look very good...

www.nutropical.com

~Borojo~

Quote from linked article :

"Gordon Ramsay, Marcus Wareing, Angela Hartnett, Shane Osborn, Richard Corrigan, Atul Kochhar, Ian Pengelley and Michael Caines will all be serving the Ten Star Tapas menu in their restaurants throughout the UK next year. "

"Gordon Ramsay, Marcus Wareing, Angela Hartnett, Shane Osborn, Richard Corrigan, Atul Kochhar, Ian Pengelley and Michael Caines will all be serving the Ten Star Tapas menu in their restaurants throughout the UK next year. "

Weasel Words Detector Goes Off !

Note it doesn't specify at ALL of their restaurants and "throughout" refers to the UK, rather than the year. So as long as they each serve it once (say on a wet Tuesday lunchtime) at one of their restaurants, then condition satisfied and they can pocket the promotional cash.

For further examples of such semantic acrobatics, see Hutton Inquiry et al.

I went to the launch for ten star tapas in early july.........last time i visited the website looking for the recipes i saw a slide show of the bash (buried in there somewhere is a snap of yours truly)........

there were some fab fab fab nibbles there that night but not nearly enough of them at the right time and the weather was very hot and we all got very drunk on sherry. which was divine.

and the chefs were all there with their signature dishes, all very chatty and cheerful, and it was heaven taking your tiny dish of tapas-goody, slipping it down your throat with a few long slooshes of chilled sherry of different types.

the guest list was a bit dire though............lots of young gals looking glam............ many of my food writing enemies hiding around corners ready to spring out at me and grab me or put their noses up in the air and snub me.......

but i'll do anything for good tapas and am a big sherry fan.

and the olives and almonds were worth WALKING to spain for. nothing is quite as good with a sherry as a handful of salty olives and crisp spanish almonds.

x

marlena

Marlena the spieler

www.marlenaspieler.com