• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Slow Kitchen

This ist not a question, but just admiration for your words and book on "slow kitchen".

I laid out some principles of my way of cooking " A kitchen of the rewarmed and concentrated") here:

eGullet Members Bios

and maybe you can imagine my smile when I read your article here on eGullet.

An interesting research would be about how the "cuisine" in the first half of this century transferred from the hand of women to the hand of men. I suppose this was accompanied by the transformation from slow to fast wrt to the high prestige cuisine.

Anyway, as the title hits the bullseye on my cooking techniques dartboard, I have to have your book.

Kind regards, Boris

Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Thanks, Boris. Actually, I'm about to ruin your wallet on gas or electric bills! All my books, in one sense or another, are about long slow cooking...from moroccan tagines in "Couscous" through daubes and cassoulets in "South-West France", through "Eastern Med" in which most everything is slow-cooked, to "Grains & Greens" and now "The Slow Med. Kitchen." And guess what I'm starting on now? Clay Pot Cookery, which, of course, is verrrrry slooooooow....

“C’est dans les vieux pots, qu’on fait la bonne soupe!”, or ‘it is in old pots that good soup is made’.