• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your cookbooks

It just happened that your Mediterranean Greens and Grains was one of two cookbooks that enticed me into cooking (the other one was Vongericthen's Cooking at Home With a Four-Star Chef - both appeared at the same time in my local bookstore).

Among your books, which one is your favorite, or the one you still can't believe you actually did it :wub:

Also, out of your vast cookbook collection, what books really stand out, especially recent ones?

Thank you , Helena

Helenas:

I'm in love with all of my books. Each one is different and yet they each have the Mediterranean (and a few miles north here or there) in common, and so I view them as parts of a single larger work -- my life's work, if you will. I hope that doesn't sound too pretentious. I also like to think that the five year interval between each book allows me to grow and change.

The book I particularly like this season is Paul Bertolli's "Made by Hand." My favorites last year were Judy Rodgers' Zuni book and William Rubel's "The Magic of the Fire."

“C’est dans les vieux pots, qu’on fait la bonne soupe!”, or ‘it is in old pots that good soup is made’.