• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lebanese Cuisine

Paula-

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us. Speaking as a native Lebanese person, I am delighted at your interest and love in the eastern medditeranean cuisine, specifically Lebanese.

Have you ever been to Lebanon?? If not, do you have any plans to head over that way?? Do you think you might write a book that is more focused on Lebanese cuisine? What are your absolute favorite recipes from there?

Thanks,

Elie "FM" Nassar

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

Based on your splendid presentation on egullet, you're the one who should write a definitive Lebanese cookbook!

I haven't been to Lebanon, though I have been to Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Israel, and Turkey. Back in 1973, when I was living in Morocco, I knew a lot of refugees from Sidon who'd immigrated to Tangier. I became close with many of them; most of my Lebanese recipes come from those families.

I'm happy to say that my work has been featured in the magazine "Saveurs Du Liban" and that I've recently been invited to visit. I hope to take up this opportunity soon.

“C’est dans les vieux pots, qu’on fait la bonne soupe!”, or ‘it is in old pots that good soup is made’.