• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

SobaAddict70

Tricks with brussel sprouts

22 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Some years back I converted a resistant college guy by tossing steamed whole brussels sprouts in a rich, garlicky and mustardy vinaigrette.   

Yes those cruciferous veggies seem to engage in natural partnership with a sharp mustard. I'll except broccoli. 

On 5/30/2019 at 5:46 PM, heidih said:

Yes those cruciferous veggies seem to engage in natural partnership with a sharp mustard. I'll except broccoli. 

I always include mustard (Dijon) in my broccoli salad. I like the way they play off each other.

"The only questions that really matter are the ones you ask yourself."

Ursula K. Le Guin

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

6 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I always include mustard (Dijon) in my broccoli salad. I like the way they play off each other.

Oh yes - when raw I use it in such salads. And yes Dijon.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:21 PM, Margaret Pilgrim said:

steamed whole brussels sprouts in a rich, garlicky ... vinaigrette.

Garlic:  kills vampires, and the taste of Brussels Sprouts 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/3/2019 at 5:35 AM, chromedome said:

You make a good distinction.    Indicating Dijon, Coleman's or French's actually takes less time than typing "mustard".

eGullet member #80.