• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

jamie oliver in bergen county

tommy

Donna Hay will be at Borders in NYC at 57th and Park on Wednesday, October 15. I'd go to a book signing by a chef anyday ...

Especially after witnessing the invitation-only signing by the Madonna-notalentFreakshow.

book signing at Book Ends in ridgewood.  info here.  i'm tempted to go, although i've never done anything like that in my life.  although i walked past the guy who wrote Jaws once at a bookstore.

Run for the hills!

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Perhaps we should have a little fun. We could set up my new Weber Grill and bring some food to cook along with a bottle of wine in front during the signing.

That'd be good for a few chuckles. :biggrin:

Perhaps we should have a little fun. We could set up my new Weber Grill and bring some food to cook along with a bottle of wine in front during the signing.

That'd be good for a few chuckles. :biggrin:

the lines for these things are so long, tailgating wouldn't be totally inappropriate. :biggrin:

Why don't we buy a whole bunch of molcajetes, and beat the shit out of Jamie with them? :laugh:

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Why don't we buy a whole bunch of molcajetes, and beat the shit out of Jamie with them?  :laugh:

The women in line willl defend him, especially Rosie who I'm sure will bring her chef's with blenders photo to be signed. :hmmm:

Why don't we buy a whole bunch of molcajetes, and beat the shit out of Jamie with them?  :laugh:

The women in line willl defend him, especially Rosie who I'm sure will bring her chef's with blenders photo to be signed. :hmmm:

What a good idea!

Hey Tommy--you only live once. Go for it! :biggrin:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

A molcajete is a type of mexican mortar made out of lava stone which Jamie can be seen using in practically every episode of his second TV series.

Its actually a very useful tool but he uses it for practically everything so it gets a bit annoying.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

i don't know what molcajetes are but i am all for beating the shit out of jamie. lol

PathogenicCreation--Welcome to eGullet. Where do you like to dine in NJ when you are on your best behavior. :biggrin:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE