• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Indian Wine tasting

Monica Bhide

Mark? You would be the expert.. would you be interested???

Monica,

I discovered several months ago that I am absolutely not an expert concerning anything Indian. I was one of those in the India forum who said "drink beer", forget about pairing wine with Vindaloo. I had the same gut reaction Randall had - riesling. Riesling is pleasant with the tamer dishes. Once the heat starts coming on, wine just adds fire to the inferno, IMO.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Chef of Indian descent and am very excited to try Indian wines out. Could you share the Winery's name wtih me please. I have done several wine tasting dinners with Indian Cuisine but not Indian wines. Please keep me posted. I would love to use them on my current menus too. Many Thanks.

BistroM

"Burgundy makes you think of silly things, Bordeaux

makes you talk about them, and Champagne makes you do them." Brillat-Savarin

Sharing recipes is absolutely no problem. :), Perhaps you should come and try our food out someitme, its not way far away from you. Keep me posted on the event. Thanks

Mel

Edited by M65 (log)

"Burgundy makes you think of silly things, Bordeaux

makes you talk about them, and Champagne makes you do them." Brillat-Savarin