• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

I can't read through all of the postings but has anyone mentioned The Prime Burger, next to Saint Pat's. Good burgers but very small. Just curious if anyone referenced it. The seating is the best part.

Heuriger Wein is mein Lieblingswein!

Okay! Next Burger Club meeting!

Burger Joint, on Saturday, January 31st.

Burger Joint is at 2175 Broadway at 77th St. 212-362-9238.

Come one come all!

I'm not setting a time yet because Burger Joint won't take a reservation, really, although I might be able to finagle a room. I'm also going to stop in on Saturday to speak to a waiter. Maybe they'll tell me the slow time. Anyway, I'll post it then. Fair?

Who's in?

2 PM.

I just read a fair amount of the enormity of this topic and truly admire everyone for their quest for perhaps the best american food item but....

I can't believe JG Melon's is not on the list. a classic standby that never ceases to satisfy, I'm not saying its the best but come on....cafe luxembourg, judson grill, jackson hole, burger heaven???... i've unfortunately sampled all of these and they are at best adaquate....

Bluesmoke's burger is a new go to burger for, the meat is good but the bacon, perfect and the bun is a new standard for me. Danny Meyer at his best (the BBQ is another story although its getting better) I work in midtown and get dragged the the le parker meridian all the time...crappy bun, crappy meat, crappy cheese but hey its 5 bucks or whatever, way way overrated, i always feels sorry for the guests of the hotel, when they get home from dinner they have to walk through a lobby that smells like crappy burger....just my thoughts don't shoot me

Hey Cpalms, welcome to Burger Club. The way it works around here, is that whoever wants to make an addition to the list quotes it and adds it to the bottom. Trust me, some of my least favorite places are on the list. But it's not up to me to ban them from a visit if the club does in face want to go there. We're relatively democratic around these parts.

Join us Saturday?

got it....sorry I missed that...I'd love to join you guys (but I'm driving out to my parents in jersey on saturday to get my pit ready for BBQ on superbowl sunday (not sorry about missing the burger joint though) ... the game probably will be boring but the Q is going to be goood!....

Many of you are already in the know, but for those that aren't...

We at eGullet would like to direct your attention to Elyse's new web site: The Burger Club.

At The Burger Club, Elyse has taken her considerable enthusiasm for burgers and all things burger-related and developed an entire range of discussion forums. We are happy that the BC idea fell on fertile ground here at eGullet, and hope that The Burger Club grows into a thriving online community. All interested eGulleteers are encouraged to explore The Burger Club and join the fun.

Many of the core NYC Burger Clubbers are already involved in discussion on The Burger Club, and there is already an existing thread underway on today's NYC outing. In order to avoid the confusion of a bifurcated discussion about the same gathering taking place on two different sites, and to encourage membership registration at Elyse's new site, we have decided to lock this thread and ask that BC/NY conversation be continued over at The Burger Club.

Please join us in welcoming Elyse's Burger Club site into the family of what we hope will one day be many web sites grown out of ideas born in our forums.

--