• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

pssst...

elyse disapproves but try some cabbage kimchi under a plain burger (well, perhaps some mustard and some fried onions) with a toasted sesame bun sometime.

I was never here and you didn't hear this from me.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

There is NO whispering in Burger Club. :biggrin:

Jinmyo, kimchi might not be allowed in Burger Club, but I did say I thought it might be interesting if I could stand the heat. Outside of Burger Club, that is.

Edited by elyse (log)

Try adding cumin to homemade burgers yum.

I'll second that suggestion. Blovie discovered that addition years ago. It adds a nice earthy flavor. Chili powder is also good.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

in an effort to catch up on the BC outings that i missed during the holiday season, i went to the PM burger joint yesterday. i thought it was quite good: cooked to order (medium), very nice char, good bun-to-burger ratio, and the burger itself was a nice, manageable size. i really liked the place, too.

and elyse, i thought you'd like to know that you're up on the wall there. :smile:

OK, let's try imagegullet:

i2291.jpg

Edited by pnapoli (log)

in an effort to catch up on the BC outings that i missed during the holiday season, i went to the PM burger joint yesterday. i thought it was quite good: cooked to order (medium), very nice char, good bun-to-burger ratio, and the burger itself was a nice, manageable size. i really liked the place, too.

and elyse, i thought you'd like to know that you're up on the wall there. :smile:

OK, let's try imagegullet:

i2291.jpg

Woah. :shock:

It's gettin better all the time! Maybe I'll stop in tomorrow.... hey, maybe they'll feed me! :biggrin:

Holy moly, this thread has 1,634 (now make that 1,635) posts!

I've been out of NYC for a month and just checked back in. I'm not sure I have the stamina to read the 20 pages of posts that have arrived since I last read the BC thread.

Clearly there is BIG news going on. What is this about Elyse on FOX news? And what's up with that picture from some newspaper on the wall at PM?

Is there anyway to get a Cliff Notes version of this thread?

I think this calls for another Beer Club outing to All State Cafe to get an update on the 2004 happening in the burger world....

Felonius, Sunday is a state of mind. The Club can happen any day.

MRX, we only report on our findings as we experience them TOGETHER. Report on some Luger thread, please, if you feel you must.

i2307.jpg

Burger Gothic

That'd be one hell of an avatar, Elyse...

"Give me 8 hours, 3 people, wine, conversation and natural ingredients and I'll give you one of the best nights in your life. Outside of this forum - there would be no takers."- Wine_Dad, egullet.org

MRX, we only report on our findings as we experience them TOGETHER. Report on some Luger thread, please, if you feel you must.

Too many DAMN rules. If I ate a good burger I should be allowed to say so. It's not as if anyone else will be denied the experience.

Okay! Next Burger Club meeting!

Burger Joint, on Saturday, January 31st.

Burger Joint is at 2175 Broadway at 77th St. 212-362-9238.

Come one come all!

I'm not setting a time yet because Burger Joint won't take a reservation, really, although I might be able to finagle a room. I'm also going to stop in on Saturday to speak to a waiter. Maybe they'll tell me the slow time. Anyway, I'll post it then. Fair?

Who's in?

Maybe they'll tell me the slow time. Anyway, I'll post it then. Fair?

Who's in?

Kirk and I shall plan our Saturday 1/31 around whichever time is selected.

:laugh:

Jamie

See! Antony, that revels long o' nights,

Is notwithstanding up.

Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene ii

biowebsite